Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not Used to This!

Another Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing (but really have!).

This pretty much never happens where we live, so
this was definitely NOT the scene in my backyard on Friday!

The wonder of it all
!


And wanna see some Southern snow shoes?

And those are not even the fleece-lined variety of Crocs (crocs Toddler/Little Kid Mammoth Clog), either! Talk about wet socks inside those snowy Crocs!!

The toddler has recently been doing a thing where when I tell him something like, "Be careful eating those noodles, they're hot." He
replies with, "I wike (that's toddler for 'like') hot!" Well, when he started to climb up our playground ladder in the snow, I said, "No, don't climb up there." When he asked, "why?" I said, "Because it's wet and slippery." To which he did NOT reply, "I wike wet and slippery!"

And Tuesday? It's NOT suppose to be 72 degrees again!


And I'm NOT so glad, because one day of wet coats, gloves, hats, socks, shoes, and pants multiplied by 3 kids and then multiplied by each time they wanted to go outside is just too much for me and my washer/dryer to keep up with. My rarely-used-winter hat definitely goes off to you Northern moms. How do you do it?!!!
Seriously, I want to know because one 24 hour period of keeping up with 6 small gloves in addition to my own every where we went just was too much for me to handle!

2 comments:

  1. I bought an inexpensive plastic shoe rack and put wet gloves, hats and boots on it and set it over the heat duct in our kitchen. The tile wipes clean and the heat dries our stuff in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Calif. gal I am not familiar with "snow" problems either. But we had a cabin in the mountains growing up and got to the snow that way. We were WET all the time. My husband told me (a South Dakota man) that snow in states where it is REALLY cold does not melt as easy and you don't get nearly as WET. Does anyone know agree with that?? How fun you got to experience that for a day anyway. I am afriad it would be my limit too. Even as a kid it was fun to experience it in the mountains, but then drive home. Have a good day. Blessings, Deb

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!