Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't Let the Pretty Bow Fool You

I've thought that it would be great to blog on the subject of adding a puppy to the mix of a family with young kids, but I'm too tired tonight. And to be honest, who knows if that blog post will ever happen. But I can give you the short version of advice I've given to several mom friends who've asked me about having a new puppy because they were thinking of getting their kids a puppy . . .

"Don't do it!!!! Puppies are way too much work! It's like combining the trouble of a newborn baby and a toddler all in one furry package!"

I'm not kidding, that is actually my reply, but then (depending on how good or bad of a puppy day we've had) I typically follow up with some of the positive aspects of having a puppy and all the joy that Madeline brings to our lives.

For example, I can send all three of my children into immediate fits of laughter just by clipping one of my daughter's hair bows onto the puppy's head!


Please bear in mind, with that adorableness comes the stuffing from the throw pillows off my couch strewn all over the house!


Find more Wordful Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, & Not So Wordless Wednesday.


3 comments:

  1. Saw you on a linky party, I love the photo of the dog! I am now google following you, please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! So CUTE! They are a lot of work, but SO worth it! ;) What kind of puppy? Looks just like my former awesome best friend Elvis, who was a Wheaten Terrier...I want another one! :)

    WW: Princess Nagger Visits the Devonian Fossil Gorge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family dog when I was little couldn't get these out of his ears fast enough.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!