Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just Imagine!

Little Girl is nearly fluent in English now, but she, like all 3 year olds, doesn't quite grasp the social norms of our language, which combined with her loudness, leads to some embarrassing moments.  This week when the air conditioner repairman came to our house, he was a heavy-set man and she asked me WAY too loudly as he climbed up to our 2nd floor, "MOMMY, is that BIG BOY going upstairs?"  

I know her reference to him as a "big boy" had nothing to do with his weight but more the fact that he was not a little boy, like the boys in her class at school.  I explained the terms "grown-up" and "adult" and "man", one of which she will hopefully substitute in the future.  Just imagine her calling a lady a "big girl"!

___________________________________


My oldest child is 9 years old, and it is amazing how much baby stuff has changed since I first bought it. This may make me seem really old, but I do remember a time when if you were out running errands with your baby and the baby got fussy in the stroller, your only choices were to try to continue your shopping while carrying said baby or call it quits and head home. Now, parents apparently have this:
  
The "Baby Beehavin' Stroller Tablet" so that an iPad screen full of entertainment can be secured right in front of that baby!  Wow, can you just imagine?!
____________________

 Did I tell you guys about the time over the summer when I ran into another mom I know at the car wash?  She went on and on about all the various activities and camps her children were doing over the summer and then she asked about what my kids were doing.  I motioned over to the couch inside the car wash where all 4 of my children were seated and was like, "Um, this is pretty much it."  I'm sure you can imagine the look on her face!

Here's a picture of my 2 youngest kids on one of our "summer outings".  To get the oil changed.  Hey, before you go feeling all sorry for my kids, they got to see all kinds of cool things through that glass door, like the guy that gets down in the hole underneath the car, we had a very educational discussion about oil and windshield wiper fluid, AND they got free popcorn!  Like I said, better than summer camp.



____________________

Happy Friday, Friends!




8 comments:

  1. You took your kids on lots of field trips all summer long. I'd say that was a pretty amazing summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? A stroller tablet? As if a child isn't already inundated with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are so super cute! I love it when they first start talking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my kids on all kinds of interesting trips too... the grocery store, the DMV and more... no camp here either, unless you count camp grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids go crazy over watching the guys get under the car. Plus, I think you are onto something, not making sure your kids are entertained 24/7. It is good for them to be familiar with real life stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure that attaching an ipad to stroller is the best course of action, that just makes you look lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure our youngest grandson has the stroller tablet. He is in front of a video, t.v. or ipad most of the time and it worries me! I was one of those mamas who had to take them out and bounce them on my hip even when I cooked. I WAS their entertainment! Oh, I know I'm old and so are my kids..... I so admire that your kids aren't having to go to so many different activities!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!