Thursday, October 31, 2013

When Frodo, Laura Ingalls, a knight, and Princess Sophia all live in your house

Life with these four can never be dull!

I'm not sure what Frodo, Laura Ingalls, a knight, and Princess Sophia have in common but for today they were all family, brothers and sisters!

I managed to finish my daughter's Little House on the Prairie costume right around midnight last night, nothing like last minute!  Also with the last minute, the fair-trade, wasn't-made-by-child-slaves-in-Africa chocolate candy I ordered finally arrived on my doorstep literally minutes before our first trick-or-treaters!

For only hitting about 3 streets in our little neck of the neighborhood, my kids sure did take in quite the haul of Halloween candy!


 Some pumpkin carving fun earlier in the week (the 6 year old is patiently waiting his turn to scoop out the pumpkin):
 

Funny pumpkin faces:


It was nice that my older two kids wanted to man the door this year and gave me a break from the every couple of minutes opening the door to trick-or-treaters.  My 10 year old even combined his door duty with a little studying!


And Laura Ingalls took a turn passing out candy:
   We handed out an entire big bowl of candy (and were stingy only giving out one piece per child) before turning off our light!

Speaking of being helpful, my guys were at the kitchen sink this week and I heard my 10 year old tell his 6 year old brother, "Okay, hands up!" and then he flipped on the garbage disposal.  This happened again before I asked what was going on, was the little guy under arrest?  My oldest told me that's his way of making sure nobody's hands are in the disposal when he turns it on, he tells anyone nearby "Hands up" and has them raise their hands up high before he turns it on!  It's good to have the safety police around!
 


Happy Friday, Friends!  I'm really looking forward to the extra hour this weekend. I love Fall-back, just that feeling of gaining a whiole hour of time!  Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Always good to be safe. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me about fall back. I love when that happens!
    The kids all looked so adorable. Your son is so smart to think of hands up. Amazing!
    And kudos for ordering that candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post. Laura Ingalls is especially cute. Hands up! That's a great tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love their costume choices. I approve. Especially Laura Ingalls. Who'd a thought she'd still be popular. I hope that if I have a little girl, she would be inspired by the books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious about the hands up! I love the Frodo costume too.It looks like everyone had a great time! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why wasn't your 10-yr-old out trick-or-treating? I just go outside to hand out the candy. It's easier than having to keep getting up and down and opening and closing the door with the dog barking every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I forgot to mention you did a fantastic job on the "Laura' costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great costumes! Looks like they all had a great time. Love the 'hands up'!
    So many times if it wasn't for the 'last minute' I would have been in a world of trouble...lol
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!