Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Third World Drug Store

Last week I had an issue with our local Walgreens.  Something with some medicine I needed refilled for one of my children and a hassle getting the drug store to fill it.  There were a few different phone calls, too many minutes spent on hold, red tape with insurance, and a frustrating conversation with a pharmacist where they made me feel like I was doing something wrong when all I was doing was following the doctor's orders.  And it, of course, came right smack dab in the midst of a day with many other unrelated headaches, because that's just how life is sometimes, right?

But, once my pity party lifted, I was convicted afresh. 

What in the world was I complaining about?!!

A minor hassle.  Obviously I've spent way too much time in a 1st world country!  Now for a little perspective on how some of the rest of the world attempts to get needed medicine.

Here is the "Zee Drug Store" I took a picture of while in Ethiopia a couple years ago:


It's OUTSIDE, with bags of who-knows-what to be rummaged through!

May I in America never get so busy with my complaining that I forget my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!