Thursday, January 15, 2015

Snippets of Our Real Life

This was the homework scene this afternoon around my kitchen table:


I have 2 things to say about that picture:

1.  Yes, my Christmas card display is still up, I took down all the other Christmas stuff, but I can never bear to take the cards down before February.  I love seeing all the faces of kids we've watched grow up!  So many sweet families each with their own story (several touched by adoption, like our family)!

2.  Yes, Madeline the dog is sitting on a chair at the table and everyone is carrying on as if that isn't strange, because sadly, it isn't!  Our dog regularly jumps up on a chair at the table.  I know the dog trainer we used when she was a puppy would now refuse to claim us as clients, but in our defense she does actually get "OFF" if you give her the command.  However I think we missed the class on getting her to stay off!  As a bonus, though, she's an excellent help with math homework

Here's another view after I moved the Triscuit box out of the way:

Speaking of Triscuits, did you ever think about the fact that they rhyme with "biscuits"?  Yeah, me neither until today!

I taught my 9 year old daughter to make homemade biscuits last weekend.  I think she's just about ready to graduate to baking without much help from me.  I can't wait for the day she makes me breakfast!



Half-Past Kissin' Time

4 comments:

  1. I think the dog looks adorable at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...excellent help with math homework" - that would be a very well trained dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He seems a well mannered dog and he does help with the math homework. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the pics are great, but my favorite is the last one; she looks so happy :) I have my Christmas cards up, too! Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!