Monday, April 9, 2012

Road Trip!

We survived our first road trip with 4 kids! 

I do feel like I need a t-shirt with that slogan.

About 8 hours each way to grandparents' house, but really the kids were very, very good!

The car scene:



I may or may not have insisted on a roadside stop for the cheesy Texans-in-the-bluebonnets photo.

That is the best picture we were able to get of the 4 kids after much questioning about just why were we stopping here, whining about the bugs, and squinting at the sun!

Then, while I was taking an individual picture of one child, I turned around and this had happened:


Um, it's actually illegal to pick the bluebonnets in Texas because they are the state flower, but seeing as how she's new here and all, hopefully everyone can just let it slide!

A little day-before-Easter egg hunt:


And the proverbial Easter morning we-are-all-dressed-in-our-Easter-finest-and-not-all-that-happy-about-it picture:



I hope your weekend was filled with the blessed knowledge that JESUS IS ALIVE!

Y'all that tomb was empty!

God wins.  Every. Single. Time.  Evil cannot overcome His goodness!

6 comments:

  1. Glad it all went well! They all look soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I LOVE the girls Easter dresses! SO PRETTY! I also am totally in love with the field of blue bonnets. I would love to see those one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a major deal surviving 8 hours each way with 4 kids! Love all the shots! :)


    Easter Egg Family Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. the outfits on your kids are absolutely adorable!
    I LOVE the Bluebonnet pics! If I lived in Texas, I'd be all over that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, sister! Every time! I love your pictures! Especially the blue bonnets group shot--which they will no doubt talk and laugh about with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!