Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!

The first day of 2013 was celebrated here with none other than 2013 pancakes!

Our New Year's Eve festivities included sparklers on our back porch, which yes, makes me nervous because my children and husband are not as careful as I'd like them to be!  Really, I'd feel better if my children were never waving sticks of flaming fire!  Thankfully nobody caught anybody else's hair on fire (and the same good fourtune was true for the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church - although I did warn the row in front of us that they were in the "danger zone")!


After that excitement we rung in the new year at the altered time of 8:30pm (you know to accommodate bedtime) with a sparkling apple juice toast and noise makers (I first gave the kids tons of loud instruments and told them to make as much noise as they could for 3 minutes, but I soon revised that to 2 minutes after hearing the deafening level of noise they were capable of creating)!

Now as January 1 becomes January 2, I confess that our Christmas tree is still up, as are all the other decorations.  And apparently I took a long vacation from blogging over the holidays, just too busy with my people.  But, don't worry, I'll catch you up in coming days on some of the chaos that went on here over the break.

On the horizon, there's something new in the works regarding Ethiopia that I'm super excited about and will share with you when the time is right (and no we are not announcing another adoption)!

Happy, happy 2013!  The best is yet to come!

1 comment:

  1. Whew, at first I thought you meant you made 2,013 pancakes!! That would be a lot of work--and a lot of food for 6 people!

    We do sparklers on New Year's Eve, too. What's worked with our son the last 3 years (age 6-8) is to put him to bed on time, then wake him at 11:30 for the countdown, fizzy grape juice toast, and sparklers, then put him back to bed. Not all kids are so easy to wake in the middle of the night or to get back to sleep, though!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!