Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Keeping a Blog Comes In Handy Sometimes

I have seen people who are super organized.  I just met a woman this week who kept a paper log of every wet and dirty diaper her infant had for the first two months (AND it was her SECOND child -- NO WAY!  P.S.: Don't ask how this fun fact came up in conversation.)  Then there are people who keep detailed records of every doctor's appointment they or their children have.

I am not one of those people.

I think I made it about 5 days of recording every wet and dirty diaper for my FIRST baby.  Then by my 2nd baby I couldn't even keep track for the 2 days I was in the hospital after she was born, the nurses would come by and ask and my husband and I would make up answers so we didn't seem like bad parents, but honestly we'd forgotten to record a diaper in the middle of the night!

So it should come as no surprise that when I was on the phone today with the travel medicine clinic regarding our upcoming trip to Ethiopia, I didn't have a record of the date we had our last round of Ethiopia travel vaccinations!

But, WAIT!  HOLD UP! 

Didn't I blog about that?

A quick 5 second search of the good ole blog revealed the EXACT date of our last travel vaccinations AND how many shots we got -- so handy!!

From September 20, 2010: 



147 million orphans in the world

our family's mission?

to make it 147 million MINUS ONE!

1 Day off school on Friday

1 Appointment at the Travel Medicine Clinic

15 shots between the 4 of us

the 3 year old will not be going to Ethiopia (so no shots for him)

20 hours on an airplane with him would = nightmare for all involved!

5 shots for my husband + an oral typhoid vaccine taken at home

5 shots for me + an oral typhoid vaccine taken at home

3 shots for my 7 year old

2 shots for my 5 year old

0 days the kids were in pain after the shots

2 days my husband and I needed Tylenol to even remotely be able to lift either arm!

1 little girl in Ethiopia we have never met, but still know she's way more than worth it!!! We don't know when, but we're coming, Baby!



**Updated:  That Little Girl in Ethiopia is now home and has been for well over 2 years and she IS way more than worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!