Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All By Herself


An accident waiting to happen?

Absolutely!

Does that white floor need to be mopped every day, anyway?

Most definitely!

Does letting her do it by herself actually lessen my household chores?

No, because 1 out of every 3 times she'll spill and I'll have to help her clean it up.

So why do I let the chaos continue?

Because she's getting better at it and someday she may even be up to my 1:10 spills to no spills ratio.

And then?

I retire!

That's what it's all about, my friends, this parenting gig, working myself out of a job!


Check out more Wordless or Wordful Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. It's great that you're letting her learn, without worrying about the mess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I let daycare teach my son things like that because I don't want to deal with the mess. He does make many opportunities to clean up at home on his own though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little mess is totally worth teaching your children to do things for themselves!

    I'm a mom and a girl scout leader and let me tell you....doing everything for your kids isn't doing them any favors.

    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, such a sweet picture! You're a good Mom to let her learn with independence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working your way OUT of a job?? What? There's like grandkids and maybe getting a dog... come on! It'll never be over!!! :)'

    I love the floor pouring shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! My kids like to pour their own juice too. That's one less thing for me to do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are funny - I refuse to let my kids get their own drinks! I'm mean like that (giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha... thats great... good for you for letting her do it herself!! happy WW

    http://justaddwalter.blogspot.com/2009/10/lazy-or-smart.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree. I'm having a hard time working my way out of my job though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little spill never hurt a mom, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isnt it amazing that we are willing to create more 'work' for ourselves in order to prepare our children to thrive on their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are the kinds of messes worth dealing with! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great that you are letting her work toward independence.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!