Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tell me what I was going to say!

Today was one of those days with my 3 year old.

Every 45 seconds, "Mommy!"

And he wanted my attention. Either he was pretending to be a baby bird and wanted me to come feed the baby bird pretend worms (and that bird needed to eat many times!) or he needed help doing something or he wanted to tell me a joke or play a game. On and on it went.

So much so that today I told my husband, "I guess it is not actually possible to pester someone to death because I'm still alive!"

And to really illustrate what I'm dealing with:

At one point he said, "Mommy" which was shocking (not!). I said, "What is it buddy?"

Him: "Oh, I forgot what I was going to say."

Me: thinking not saying - he probably didn't really have anything to say, he's just so in the habit of saying, "Mommy" every 45 seconds.

Him: "What was I going to say?"

Me: "I have no idea what you were going to say."

Him: "Tell me! Tell me what I was going to say!"

At least he doesn't ask for much!

Although the demandingness has the potential to drive me crazy, I'm thankful for these days with my 3 year old guy and know that the time will come when he's all grown up and I'll miss getting to feed him imaginary worms!


Find more Thankful Thursday here.

7 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile .... I have a 2 year old ..... and we have those days too. hehe. But I couldnt love them more! and you are so right... one day they are going to be all grown up and we are going to be missing those "worm-feeding" days!
    God Bless
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand 100%!!! Only, I have twin 3 year olds that are both in this stage, so it's more like ever 22.5 seconds I hear Mommy, followed by another Mommy, because they don't have anything to say, they just like saying Mommy. And of course I have to acknowledge them saying Mommy, or they say it louder and possibly start tapping on me... oh the joys of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tel him, "You were going to say how wonderful your Mommy is!!" That should do the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts familiar...we have twin 19 or 20mo olds...I forgot plus a 5yo, 12, 14 and 15yo all saying MAAAA
    Happy TT,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 3 year old little man too. He is constantly demanding to "talk about his joke." Interesting creatures, 3 year olds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The day will come when you will miss this :-)
    Happy Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee! Oh I just love the little ones! It's not always easy, but they do have a way of bringings smiles to our hearts and faces. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!