Thursday, February 14, 2013

Curled Up In Bed With A Good Book and My Dog

My husband was out of town for two nights this week.  Thankfully he doesn't have to travel too much for his work and usually he can manage day trips flying up and back in one day.  So, I don't have a whole lot of experience doing all the household work of 4 kids and 1 dog all by myself.  When he got home today at 5:20pm, I literally greeted him and then crawled into bed for a nap!

________________________

I'm super excited to read Big Mama's book Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn!  It just came out and I got it in the mail today (my Valentine's gift to myself).  I've enjoyed her blog for years and imagine her book will be great.  Nevermind that I'm currently reading 3 other books right now, I'm starting this one right away!  I'm terrible about starting several books and only finishing a small few.  Actually come to think of it, I do the same thing with projects!

________________________ 

With my husband away the dog really embraced her new status as a dog-who-is-sometimes-allowed-on-the-bed.  We are working out an understanding.  If she is cuddly and basically leaves me alone, I'll let her stay.  But too much licking or pawing at me or demanding too much attention or otherwise messing with me, and I order her "OFF!"  Lying on the computer will also result in "OFF!".  Often when she's doing this she is punching keys, so maybe someday I'll actually publish one of her blog posts!



Next to the computer, like below, is okay.  Marginal, but I'll let her stay.



________________________

Happy Friday, Friends!


Find more Friday Fragments here.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, your dog is cute. I like dog cuddling too when it's on my time.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I'm just glad to see that puppy has her OWN computer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 4 kids and the dog on your own... no wonder why you needed a nap!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!