Monday, February 4, 2013

Picture Wall Predicament

I tackled this a few months ago and haven't blogged about it yet. . .

I had this photo wall in my living room that featured each of my kids as a 1 year old.  All the portraits were done in different years but by the same photographer and with the same little white ladder.  I liked that they matched and that the scene captured that precious time of toddlerhood and planned to keep them up for always to remember my little ones even when they grew to be big ones.




That plan, like so many of my plans, needed to be changed because God brought us Little Girl, our precious daughter adopted from Ethiopia at age 3.  Sadly we do not have any pictures of her as a 1 year old.  But still we wanted her represented on the wall of our children.  And I didn't want to make it any harder on her than it's already going to be, the fact that we missed out on the first 3 years of her life when we have so many pictures of her 3 older siblings from their baby and toddler years.  Adding on a picture of her that would be so different in age just seemed to highlight all that was missing!

A dear friend helped me brainstorm and we decided, why not pick another age of the kids to forever display on my walls?  An age where we could have a matching one of Little Girl.  So we decided 3 or 4 years old was a great age to freeze forever in the living room!  The kids are still little and cuddly-cute, and even better, they have developed enough to have their unique features really shine!

So, for the sake of keeping the pictures uniform, I choose an outside picture of each child, my favorite one for them around at age 3 or 4 years old.  As a plus I really like outside pictures displayed in my house better than inside anyway, it brings that beautiful natural light in!

I love the results!  And feel it's as it should be with Little Girl on equal footing with the older 3 kids.



Those one year old portraits will probably move to a less prominent spot in the house.  Out with my little white ladder plans and in with God's huge, way-better than I ever would have imagined ones!

Now to get a large family photo that includes Little Girl framed and on the wall for the other side of that room. . .


Find more Tackle It Tuesday here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!