Monday, April 6, 2009

Thankful for Friends!

I am thankful for friends -- old and new, seen and unseen.

Yesterday we were privileged to be able to host a gathering at our house for 9 families, including our own for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. We have known these other couples for years, since before we even had kids! Between all of us we now have 22 kids with 1 more due in just a few weeks.

We are all busy and don't get to see each other as much as we did when we were just married couples without kids, but we have made it a point to get together a few times a year and what a blessing it is! The kids range in age from 7 years on down to infants and they have known each other since birth and we've had a blast watching them grow up!

I'm thankful to be sharing this parenting adventure with these sweet friends, thankful for the blessing of their friendship that has loved on me and my family through happy and sad these last 8 years, thankful for the 22 beautiful kids we have welcomed into our group and thankful for our backyard to entertain all those precious little ones yesterday with minimal mess and clean-up!!

Now for the new and unseen.

I am thankful for blog friends who love on me through their comments and inspire me with their posts! I have learned so much from other bloggers these last few months I've been blogging -- everything from recipes, neat crafts, amazing spiritual truths, parenting tips, funny kids stories, and mom confessions that make me feel like I'm not the only one!!! The blog community is awesome!

On that note, Beth at Not a Bow in Sight gave me a blog award. Thank you Beth! You are a sister!!



Here are the rules to spread the sisterhood spirit:


(1) Put the logo on your blog or post.


(2) Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!


(3) Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.


(4) Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.


(5) Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

So the folks I'm nominating are:

Into Still Waters

My Treasure Hunt

Hold it Up to the Light


You are inspiring women that I am thankful this blog world has allowed me to know!


Find more Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and Talk About Tuesday at The Lazy Organizer.


P. S. Has anyone seen this article? Crazy stuff! How much do I love that this is coming out during this Passion Week before Easter -- a lot!! May we all reach out to His light and pass it on!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a special event! How cool that you could host 9 families with 22 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sisterhood award. I just love reading your posts! I can really relate to many of them; it's nice to connect with other women who are going through the same things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to those you love and who inspire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have this fun event! :D

    Congratulations on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is so awesome that you still have such a great CORE group that your kids can grow up with!!!! I bet it was SOOO super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have the blessing of that amazing group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing for your group of friends to continue to grow together for through such life changes and for such a great length of time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool gathering! I can only imagine how fun it must have been. :)

    And the picture in that article is pretty cool. I'll have to show it to my husband, who loves all things "space".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....thanks so much! I am so honored! You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's awesome that you could get together with everyone like that - I can't even remember the last time we had all of our closest friends with us at the same time. Our wedding, probably. :)
    Thank you so much this award - I feel so blessed. I posted my nominees here:
    http://intostillwaters.com/2009/03/22/sunday-linkage-sisterhood-award/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the award and Congrats to you! I have enjoyed getting to know you as well! Thanks for the inspiration;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!