Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eating lunch in the Treehouse


Lunch in the treehouse.

Just my 3 year old son and me.

It's something I've done with all 3 of my kids many, many times.

Sometimes all together, squeezing in.

Me worrying someone will sit too close to the side and fall out.

Sometimes one-on-one, just one child and me.

It's a cheap date.

One day too soon when their whirlwind of childhoods are over, I hope they'll remember their mom eating lunch in the treehouse with them.


But mostly I want them to look back and know, "I was loved, special, cherished, treasured, important!"


Find more Works for Me Wednesday, Wordful Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, & Not So Wordless Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun mom you are. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm sure the kids will remember that as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love special times like that. I think the same thing when I read books to my 4 year old in our hammock swing - it"s only maybe 15 minutes but a precious 15 minutes to me. One day when they're grown with children of their own - eating a picnic lunch - they're going to share the times when "my mom used to sit in a tree house with me and we would have a picnic" and they're going to feel the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! I bet they look back on those times fondly, and they will do so because they most definitely were loved and cherished. Great job, Mom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mom. I need to play a picnic in our treehouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the perfect picnic spot!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!