Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When The Adoption Wait Is Too Long. . .

The adoption wait can be agonizing.

Thankfully, there is Truth I can cling to.

Hosea 6:3, "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

God will come to us. With the same amount of certainty I have that the sun will come up tomorrow morning, I can believe that He is coming. He is faithful!

2 Cor 4:17, "For momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison."

The hard of this earthly situation will bring about glory in eternity.

2 Cor 4:18, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God is doing so much more than what I can see and it's the behind the scenes stuff that will really matter in eternity.

James 5:10-11, "Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."

For the record, God made Job prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before. The Lord honors perseverance.

Isaiah 49:16, "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me."

God has me written on the very palms of His hands and He knows well the roadblocks of this adoption.

So, no matter how many emails I get with news that is not good, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14.

Find more Thankful Thursday here.

3 comments:

  1. Keep that faith! He is working on it! He has a plan and nothing can stop it!!! Great Thankful Thursday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all beautiful and inspiring verses. Thanks for sharing them. They build hope. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!