Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back From Ethiopia

I know it has been ages (so maybe only 12 days?) since I wrote my last post about meeting our youngest daughter in an orphanage in Ethiopia on August 1, 2011.  Well this year on August 1, 2014, my husband, our 11 year old son, and I boarded a plane bound for Ethiopia!  When we left that land after our 2nd trip there in December 2011, flying home with our new 3 year old daughter, an orphan no more, we left pieces of our hearts with the children there with the 5 million remaining orphans, the children living with malnutrition and tremendous poverty.  We knew we'd be back.

I have so many emotions and thoughts around our latest trip, but not many real words right now, those will come.  For now let's just say, those pieces of our hearts we've been missing?

We found them right where we knew they were, in Ethiopia:











1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think!