Wednesday, June 10, 2009

13 Things I buy at Sam's

I've spent the last few years refining my Sam's shopping list, trying to figure out what to buy there. You know, comparing what they sell in the warehouse store with what we'd actually use in mass quantities and what was truly a good deal. When I'm in the store I'm always spying on other people's baskets, wondering, "What do they buy at Sam's?" So without further commentary, I'm sharing our list because I know you are on the edge of your seats in anticipation and because I strive to be helpful:

13 Things I Buy at Sam’s


1. Pampers Diapers
2. Coke Zero
3. Canned goods - Corn, green beans, diced tomatoes, cream of
mushroom soup
4. Large Containers of Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks & animal crackers
5. Raw Spaghetti, Jarred Pasta Sauce & Frozen Meatballs (talk about an easy meal!) 6. Fruit Snacks
7. Ketchup
8. Batteries
9. Chicken Breasts, whole chickens & Ground Beef
10. Peppermint Extra Gum
11. Cleaners like dishwasher detergent action packs, Tide, fabric softener, Windex, bathroom cleaner, and Mr. Clean Erasers
12. Ziploc Bags (freezer bags, sandwich bags, and gallon sized bags)
13. Kashi Go-Lean Cereal

So, now I'd love to hear what you buy!

Ahh. . . a stockpile pantry. I love it, but as I see the food and supplies overflowing from my regular pantry into the garage one, I cannot help but think of those who have so much less. Children who go hungry day after day, and children who die of malnutrition. Want to help them? I have a new blog button on the right-hand side to link you to an organization I've recently learned a lot about, Children's HopeChest. They are doing some truly amazing work to save and redeem the lives of orphan children around the world.


Find more Thankful Thursday at Women Taking A Stand, Thousand Words Thursday at Cheaper Than Therapy, Thursday Thirteen, & Happy to be @ Home

15 comments:

  1. great idea for a post! happy thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we buy diapers, chicken breasts and fiber one bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam's has some great deals! We buy printer cartridges, printer paper, rice, spices, canned goods, and sometimes books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D What a blessing to have a great stockpile and get some great deals at Sam's! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a Sam's nearby, but will after my move next month. I am anxious to check out the store! Sounds like I am going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Costco is our warehouse of choice (it's closer), but our list of items is very similar.

    Thanks for letting us know about HopeChest. I know even when I feel we are struggling we have it so so so much better than many other others. And that organization is a concrete way to help rather than just feel overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other nice thing about buying in bulk is all the pantry items are great for donating to our church and local foodbank.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a costco shopper so my list is a bit different but pretty close... it's right around the corner from my house so i buy... eggs, milk, oj, fruit, bread, snack foods for the kids, coffee beans, cheese, beer, wine, and the occasional movie and book when i'm in need.

    Happy ATWT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only have Target nearby but this fall BJ's is going to open at a new mall, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not happy unless my cupboards are full. I guess it gives me a sense of security being a sngle mom and all.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Tide but we make our own washing machine detergent and LOVE it! The sad thing is, most people don't know they're mostly paying for water, as that is the main ingredient in the detergent. Easy recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Batteries!! Good one. I simply cannot remember the last time I said "We just have WAY too many AA batteries in the house!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. With seven kids, we buy just about everything there! Sam's is our grocery store of choice. Especially for things like milk, institutional size cans of veggies, and massive amounts of fruit and snacks.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!