Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blueberry Picking

I am totally hooked on blueberry picking!

We go every year and I literally look forward to it all year! We are hoping to go this weekend.

I don't know what I love more
  • The fact that the farm where we go allows, and even encourages, you to eat the blueberries while you are picking!

  • Or the sight of the kids with those white buckets!

  • Or the sweet photo ops!

  • Or the exhilaration when you find a really great bush with tons of ripe blueberries!

  • Or the cheap price per pound of picked yourself blueberries versus supermarket blueberries!

  • Or making everything blueberry for the next week -- blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, blueberry smoothies, blueberry bread, blueberry cobbler, blueberry pie, cereal with blueberries on top!

  • It is certainly not the heat! Check out that sweaty toddler head from our trip last year!
Oh, it is a Finer Thing!

Find more Finer Things Friday at The Finer Things in Life, and Hooked on Fridays at Hooked on Houses.

12 comments:

  1. i love both. those pretty angels with white buckets and tasting blueberries while picking them. i haven't seen a real blueberry plant or a blueberry fruit except those in jams. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little beauties.

    Thanks for sharing.. i love the pink and brown of your blog!

    TTFN~~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to take my kids blueberry picking - but we don't grow them here in Ireland! If I did I would have to dress them head to toe in clothes of blueberry shades - to hide all the stains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Those little kidlets looked like they were very into it!

    Blueberry everything...Yum.

    We used to have bushes around our house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You get to pick blueberries already? Lucky you! We just finished strawberry season here...blueberries won't be until early August. I'm jealous! We love, love, love picking blueberries. We pick enough to store in the freezer for the entire winter (but they go fast!). My favorite is making blueberry peach cobblers. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what cute kiddos!! You've inspired me to make sure I do some blueberry picking this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were brave to dress the children in those light colors. I would have put them in navy blue to match the berry juice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very jealous. Don't think we have blueberries here... in the store, yes. Off of bushes... don't think so. I should find out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still remember the first time I took my girls, there were just two then, to pick blueberries. It was incredible...they ate more than went in there bucket. During the winter, each time we opened a jar of that delicious jam we relived the fun...it was hot but we never seem to remember that...just the fun. Two more weeks and ours will be ready...can't hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMM! I wish I could come to your house for a meal after you picked all those blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, yum! What fun! Bet they had blue mouths and tongues! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! We are heading out to get (more) olallieberries tomorrow. Isnt' berry picking the best tradition? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!