Sunday, February 7, 2010

Teaching what I don't know

I love Not Me! Monday (a blog carnival created by MckMama) because it gives us all a chance to relate in a real, every day life kind of way. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing - but really have!

Around here (when I was NOT digging through the dirty laundry to retrieve my 6 year old's basketball uniform to present to him to wear as if it were clean):

I did NOT teach my toddler to go pee-pee standing up last week.

I did NOT already complain about the conditions of the bathrooms in my household with 2 people going while standing up, so there is NO WAY I'd encourage the addition of a 3rd person with less than stellar aim! NO, NOT ME!

There was NOT a point where my 2 year old son was poised standing on the stool in front of the potty with me and my 4 year old daughter in there coaching him. "Now lift up the seat like this before you go." "Point it in the potty!" "Maybe you're holding it too tight!" "Make sure it goes in the water not on the side!" "Good! Look, you're doing it!" "Are you sure that's all the pee-pee?" "Then put the seat back down." "And wash your hands!"

His sister and I do NOT expect a thank you note from his wife in about 30 years!

And I do NOT expect the therapy bills in a few years when the trauma of being coached in the bathroom by his mother and his sister come back to haunt my son!

But for now, my toddler is NOT extremely proud of his new ability and was NOT eager to show it off to his Sunday School teacher first thing when I dropped him off this morning!

6 comments:

  1. haha Love it...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'm "not" thinking maybe all moms should teach their toddler sons to do this, rather than letting 'em learn it "on the street," LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! just when I was "Not" thinking boys would be easier than girls because they whine less...the potty training of girls definitely does not get this funny! thanks for the laugh-- having a bad mommy day and needed a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my son (now 6) learned to pee standing up, he did NOT have so much fun doing it everywhere, and one day, during supper, got up from the table, ran outside, and peed off our front steps. We do not live on main street, which also doubles as a county road going thru our town. Boys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I did not just laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!