Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Kids on Theology

My kids were asking some questions recently and we got on the subject of people dying and at some point in the conversation there was this exchange:

My 3 year old: "When a bad guy dies he goes to bad guy heaven."

My 5 year old: "There’s no bad guy heaven!" (I breathed a sigh of relief that she understood and was going to set him straight, but then she said . . .) "In heaven the bad guys turn good!"

Before I could interject at all my oldest piped up loudly. I let him speak hoping he would be the voice of wisdom to his younger siblings.

My 7 year old: "No! No! No! The bad guys go to HAIL!”

(And yes he did say it like the rock stuff that occasionally falls from the sky during a storm.)

I questioned to make sure he didn't just misspeak and he repeated it again "Hail!"

While we do live in Texas and may have very slight accents, please tell me that it is not so bad that my son has actually made it to 7 years of age thinking hell is called "hail"!

Clearly, we have a need for Theology 101 and perhaps some linguistic training around here!

Happy Friday, y'all!


Find more Finer Things Friday.

3 comments:

  1. That is classic! I'm from Texas as well so I'm sure there are things I say that no one in the NW can understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like their thinking!! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!