Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life at the Never-Ending Slumber Party

It's been a never ending slumber party around here the last few weeks.

Night after night after night after night.

My 3 children are sleeping all in the same room.

One in each bunk bed and one on the floor.

The little girl on the floor has her own room.

And her own bunk beds that she couldn't wait to have.

So she could finally have a top bunk to sleep on.

And someday her little sister from Ethiopia would sleep on the bottom bunk.

Only about  2 weeks after the excitement over the bunk beds faded,

the sleep issues began.

And my 6 year old didn't want to sleep alone anymore.

She'd cry and cry at bedtime, which we'd never really dealt with before.

We offered the option of a pallet on the floor in her brothers' room

And the slumber party began.

The other morning when I was wondering why I was so tired?

It hit me.  

I live at a never-ending slumber party!


Find more Wordful Wednesday here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, too cute! I'm sure it's not something you want to go on forever but sometimes you do what you gotta do to get the kids to sleep. I slept on the floor of my brother's bedroom for over two years (EEK, a long time!) because I was deathly afraid Freddy Krueger would kill me in my sleep. For whatever reason, just knowing he was there in the same room helped me get some shut-eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she'll be so happy when her little sister arrives from Ethiopia - of course that might mean all four will be having a never-ending slumber party... ;)

    The Toothbrush Tree

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!