Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sunday Scripture Sharing - Easter Family Devotional

Today's Topic is:

Jesus is alive!

Introduction
Ask your children, "Why do we celebrate Easter?" Help them talk about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but rose on the 3rd day. Jesus rose from the dead that first Easter morning, we know this because the tomb where they put his body was empty! Jesus is alive! He is not dead! That makes us very happy and that is why we celebrate Easter!

Activity
Make Resurrection Buns and discuss what the ingredients represent. Click here for the recipe.

Scripture

Luke 24:1-3, "On the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."

Discussion
Just like the marshmallow disappeared and left your biscuit empty, Jesus disappeared and left the empty tomb! Our marshmallows melted when they were cooked in the oven. But, Jesus was risen from the dead by God, just like the Bible said would happen!

Prayer
Dear God, thank you for the gift of Jesus! We praise you for raising Him from the dead! Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do something like this for Easter. I think this is the year I make sure we do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard this before, what a great idea! I'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am going to share with my MOPS group tonight. Where did you find the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!