Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm not that patient either!

We have a dear friend who recently went to Ethiopia for missions work for the next 6 months or so. This week she got to visit our little girl at the care center. This friend actually met our daughter on a trip earlier in the year before we had even been matched with her -- God's amazing orchestrating! And this week she loved on our girl again for us, sent us some pictures, and this report:

"Oh my gosh I love her! We had so much fun coloring, playing..she is such a joyful little girl. Hugged me, kissed me, tickled me. She's such a happy child!"

We love that our sweet friend visited our little girl in Ethiopia, that she could be there when we could not. It means so much to us! But I can't help the selfish thoughts, "I want to be the one coloring with her and hugging her!"

Tomorrow makes 11 weeks since we first saw her picture, and we still have no idea when we'll get to meet her, let alone bring her home.

I had a friend say to me a couple months ago regarding our adoption, "I just don't think I could do it. All the waiting. I'm not that patient."

I just nodded and murmured a polite response. We were rushing our children to school, so there wasn't time for lengthy dialog.

But my real response is, I'm not patient either! And to be honest I really don't know how to do this waiting. It is only by the grace of God that I can get through the day sometimes. My husband and I both are more distracted in our every day lives than we can ever remember being. We know that she is worth the wait, that would be true even if we waited 10 years, but that knowledge doesn't make the waiting any easier. We know God loves our little girl even more that we do, that He created her, and that she is and will always be His, yet she is not home coloring at our kitchen table.

And I know of so many children who are not home, yet, who have families longing for them. And as often as I pray for God to help them come home soon, I've begun praying more for Jesus to just come back. To set all things right. Why not, God? There is so much wrong with this world!

But, God has some dearly loved children He's waiting on, too, children He's longed to welcome into His family, children He created and knows are worth the wait.


Find more Finer Things Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Praying the time passes quickly for you and that before you know it she WILL be sitting at your table coloring, and laughing, and spreading her joy. HUGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT GREAT POST!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!