Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Been a Year!

One year ago we were in Ethiopia meeting our youngest daughter for the first time, falling in love with her country, and being absolutely wrecked by so much of what we saw during that trip -- the poverty, the orphanages.

One year later and we have not recovered. 

We are not the same people as we were when we boarded that plane bound for Ethiopia.

I don't think we'll ever be the same.

I know I hope not.


Reflecting on one year ago, it is also so wild to think about meeting our little girl for the first time and how we know her now.

What a difference a year makes!

Then:



Now:



I'm so thankful that my daughter's clothes no longer hang on this clothesline outside an orphanage in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.



But never forgetting the 5 million orphans we left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!