Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Starting Fires

Anyone want to guess what's going on here:


My husband is teaching our boys how to use a magnifying glass aimed at the sun to make fire!

And they really did catch several leaves on fire!

Here's my 5 year old holding up a leaf he burned a hole in.  He said the hole was "shaped like Africa"!

This all led to me overhearing the hilarious quote from that 5 year old to his sisters when they were wondering why their brothers were not playing on the playground like they were,

"Don't worry about us, we're over here starting fires."

 As if that wasn't enough awesome, then he followed it up with:

"Girls can't do it, only boys can make fire."

Apparently camping brings us right back to caveman days!

By the way, did you notice how dirty his fingernails are in that picture?!!!  Disgusting!  And I can't even blame the lack of running water because there were showers with hot water a short walk away from our campsite.  I showered myself one night, but it all seemed like too much trouble to shower the kids, so we let them skip two nights of bathing.  Two nights after days of playing in the dirt!  It's good for the immune system, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!