Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Anti-Easter Bunny

 "Mmmm, those Easter eggs full of candy sure do look good!"


"You have so many couldn't I just have one?  Please?  I asked nicely!"


A little while later. . .

"I most certainly DID NOT steal this Easter egg from a kid's basket.  I have no idea how in the world it ended up here in front of me!"


"Okay, I confess, I stole it!  I knew it was wrong, I even heard you tell me 'No' as I rooted around in the Easter basket, but I sniffed it out and this is one of the few eggs with chocolate in it instead of those silly temporary tatoos, and I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate!"

______________

My kids went to two different Easter egg hunts on Saturday, and then they've been staging Easter egg hunts for each other around the backyard, so there have been plenty of eggs around.  Madeline, the dog, has stolen quite a few eggs that I've had to take back from her.  Since the Easter bunny hides the eggs and Madeline the dog steals them, I've been calling her the anti-Easter bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!