Monday, September 16, 2013

When life hands you cups . . .


We have family Bible devotionals at least once a week with our 4 children who range in age from 10 to 4 years old.  I've found that as we read the Bible together and discuss important, heavy topics of life and faith, it's also important to have an element of fun!

So, I'm always looking for easy ideas (like things that need nearly zero advance prep) for fun activities we can do during this time.  

Because we hardly ever watch TV, I had no idea about the show Minute to Win It but recently I was somewhere where they had Minute to Win It games as an ice breaker activity and it occurred to me that the games would be great to add some fun to our family devotional time.  Sure enough,  the website for the show has some great game ideas!

A week ago we did a game of seeing who could stack the most small paper cups in one minute.  It was super fun and so easy to prep for as we already had the cups!  My kids loved it so much that even after the game time was over they entertained themselves building with the cups (which made me totally wonder why we even have toys)!

Do you have any good games your family plays together?

Find more Works for Me Wednesday here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have anything to add, except to say that one of my happiest memories of my own childhood was sitting in our living room singing 'Give Me That Old Time Religion' while my dad led us in devotions. It wasn't real regular, but they tried. I'm sure as we got older we complained, but secretly we all cherished that time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!