I hope you will excuse me for skipping a day I usually blog, as I was otherwise occupied:
- Holding a flashlight while my husband dissected our fridge, trying to figure out what was wrong with it.
- Researching refrigerators overheating on the Internet and coming to the conclusion that our refrigerator did not have an easy fix and would likely cost more to repair than our old-fashioned, white, side-by-side fridge was worth.
- Lamenting the fact that appliances are not built to last anymore! Our fridge was only 8.5 years old before its demise yesterday, and had quit working 2 times previously and the ice dispenser has not worked in over a year! Didn't our parents' avocado green and harvest gold refrigerators last our entire childhoods?
- Wondering if the fact that I actually cleaned my fridge coils a few days ago somehow caused it to die and vowing to never, ever clean the coils on another fridge again!
- Combing through the contents of the refrigerator deciding what was worth trying to save and tossing the rest. Piling milk, cheese, etc. into coolers in my kitchen and reminiscing with my husband about the last time we'd done this exercise, after Hurricane Ike -- good times!
- Scouring the Consumer Reports for the perfect new refrigerator for the It Feels Like Chaos household -- "Must be able to hold 6 gallons of milk at once, fit in the spot where our old one lived, clean itself, create healthy balanced meals for my family of 5, regenerate its own contents never letting the milk or squeeze-yogurt run out, look fabulous, and be cheap" -- and then readjusting my expectations to "must stay cold". Anyone else hooked on cold milk? I thought so. It is a finer thing! One of those things that you don't appreciate until its gone!
- Giggling over the term "bottom freezer" and then realizing I have spent entirely too much time around my 6 year old son and his friends this summer!
Find more Finer Things Friday at The Finer Things in Life, Hooked on Fridays at Hooked on Houses, A Beautiful Life at The Inspired Room, 7 Quick Takes Friday at Conversion Diary,