Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Messy Fun!

Recently I set up a "Water Day" for my kids in the backyard. We totally stole this idea from the "Water Day" our preschool has for the kids at the end of each school year! I am thankful for a fun, free way to entertain the kids on a hot summer day!


13 Activities we did for "Water Day":
  1. Ran through the sprinkler
  2. Painted with shaving cream
  3. Added food coloring to the shaving cream
  4. Mixed colors to see what new colors we could make
  5. Coated themselves in the shaving cream
  6. Sprayed each other with the hose
  7. Washed their outdoor vehicles
  8. Washed waterproof baby dolls
  9. Colored with chalk on the driveway
  10. Washed themselves
  11. Converted our swing set slide to a water slide by running the hose down it
  12. Went down the super fast slide
When the hose was finally turned off the kids discovered more fun. Mud was left behind!

13. Played in the mud!

I was so busy taking pictures of my boys in the mud that I hadn't noticed my daughter was missing; she had played in the mud for about 20 seconds, whined about being dirty, and then left. I found her sitting on the patio bathing herself in this red bucket!

Over and over again she washed her legs in that bucket. Much happier with the water than the mud!

Anyone still think there is no difference between boys and girls?


Check out Thankful Thursday, Thousand Words Thursday, Thursday Thirteen, and Thursday {Thirteen}

26 comments:

  1. I didn't plan on it, but we've sort of been having water days in my family lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your kids had a wonderful day in the backyard :) - Too cute that your little girl wanted to be clean :)

    Thank you so much for sharing the fun with us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely differences between boys and girls....though when I was a young girl, I loved playing in mud on occasion. I guess I just had to be in the mood for it.

    Great photos & list; sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and beautiful memories that you are making with the kids. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How COOL!!!
    Great pictures!
    Have a ♥Lovely♥ ATWT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Water is always good for a good time, and so is shaving cream!

    Happy ATWT!

    Mine is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. water at this time of the year is all i wanna b in :(

    13 Breath-taking Moments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instant fun for kids...just add water. Looks like fun! Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did they all sleep well? WOW, that's an action packed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are the best these are great ideas that I am sure they loved

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know that there is anything better than running through the sprinkler!!! :) Happy T13!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to do stuff like this with my sons. I love the ages they are now, but I miss the sweet fun we had like your water day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for summer fun. Kids love playing in the water & boys in the mud. Although I think my daughter might like mud too.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Looks like they had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very fun. It's been a while since my kids were young enough to enjoy that type of play, but we certainly had them when they were.
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE painting with shaving cream, did that with my kindergarteners when I was a teacher too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your 13!
    Looks like fun was had by all!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i remember mud, & water & all the laughter it brought. happy ATWT :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun!! What a great day. Alivia would have been in the red bucket to; she doesn't even like the sand at the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember days of playing in the sprinkler with my brother when we were little!

    Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is a difference between girls and boys, isn't there? The mud just showed us one more thing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!