Monday, July 27, 2009

Trapped in the McDonald's Playland!

We nearly never go to McDonald's, but we traveled to visit family this past weekend, and stopped to eat at what my kids call "Old McDonald's" on the car trip there. I most certainly did NOT laugh so hard at the following incident!

It was NOT my 2 year old who climbed to the top of the playland and began loudly calling, "Mommy, come here! Come here Mommy!"
Did you see his little face and hands in the center of that last picture? Here's the zoomed out pic. so you can see how stuck he is right in the middle of this biggest-McDonald's-playland-I've-ever-seen! Seriously, there was no easy way up there and no easy way out!

Thankfully he has older siblings because I was wearing a dress and I'm a bit claustrophobic. I've done the whole rescuing-a-kid-from-a-playland thing before with my older two and I get a little trapped and panicked feeling up there! My husband played the "I'm 6 feet tall; I can't get in there." card. So we sent our 6 year old up there to rescue his brother. His first attempt was unsuccessful. Next we sent our nearly 4 year old daughter up. Success!! She was able to gently talk him up to the top of a slide and then he rode down on big brother's lap!

Why is it that my kids as 2 year olds seem to have no trouble scurrying to the top of those things, in fact they do it so fast before we can stop them, but then need help getting down?!!

***Please pray for MckMama's baby Stellan; he is back in the hospital and really not doing well. They are in urgent need of prayers!***
MckLinky Blog Hop



19 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you. We had this happen with our oldest at a play place when they were first going into vogue. It was enormous and there were SO MANY kids. Couldn't find her anywhere and when we did she was there...terrified to come down.

    Had another experience with her at Six Flags when she climbed up one of those things and they had to shut it down because she became overwhelmed at the other kids climbing the wall behind her and freaked out.

    Yeah, I had to stand there and just shake my head and hope no one figured out it was my kid making all the commotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I had an "Old MacDonalds" experience with my three year last winter. My three kids were playing up in the playscape and all of a sudden I can hear her screaming like she is dying, over and over again. I couldn't see her so I panicked. I raced through this obstacle course made for people only 3 feet tall like a crazy woman. I passed kids going up the stairs, (not sure if I pushed any aside)stepped on my own fingers scaling ramps and finally came to a tunnel where my 6 year stood and yelled "where is your sister?!" He just pointed to the tunnel. All there was to be seen was her feet hanging out. So I did all there was to be done and went in after her. Now I am going down this slide head first holding onto the screamer, with my other two children right behind me when half way down we crash into a woman who also heard the screaming and was coming up. Now she has sneakers on so she couldn't move back down too quickly and I had three kids pushing on me so I could not stop too well. So there we were...this stranger and I getting up close and personal. By the time we got to the bottom we were laughing, but definately not something I want to repeat. Come to find out my daughter was just nervous because it was darker than she anticipated in the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way I will let my little one go on the playlands is if her sisters are close behind. Luckily she is getting old enough to get herself around there now. Stopping by from the McLinky Blog Hop. These are definitely pictures that you will be able to laugh about someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping by from the blog hop! I remember when our kids would do McDonalds playscape & Great Escape - they've all been taken down in CT now almost!
    Favorite Kids Photos - McKlinky Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny...dropping by from the blog hop....love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny! I have had to rescue my kids from the playlands before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I can't tell you how many times I have had to climb in and rescue my kids out of those. They are for sure not made for adults..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I have another pic that I love that is similar...my boy peering out from the play structure at the park. Happy blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol Poor thing! I hate it when they get stuck in there. Stopping by on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny! Don't you just hate it when you lose the kids, lol. Just hopping by from the blog hop! I am praying for baby Stellan too! Blessings, Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those pictures, my kids used to play and yell to mr to find them LOL
    Just hopping ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had the same thing happen with our son when he was 3, my husband and I couldn't fit through the opening, we had to find a kid to go get him, it was horrible!

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny. It took me a minute to find the little face and hands!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping on by....
    That is such a funny story...my 2 year old is terrified of heights but yet he finds himself in those situations as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty funny! I am glad jazz is 3 yrs older than leighton so she can rescue him in the future when he will surely do this @ chick fil a

    ReplyDelete
  17. How funny! Great memories these pictures have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha been there and done that! I came by from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!