Sunday, July 12, 2009

Probably NOT the best way to "Remember the Alamo!"

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! In this blog carnival created by MckMama everyone has fun telling all the things they DID NOT do (but really did). You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Here's what has NOT been going on aro
und here:

I did NOT feed my family cereal for dinne
r one night this past week.

I am NOT currently sharing the couch w
ith a very large pile of unfolded laundry. I am NOT choosing to blog instead of folding it. NOPE, NOT ME!

When we were checking in at our hotel on Friday night, my daughter DID NOT loudly ask for all the lobby of people to hear, "Does this hotel have pillows?!!!" leading everyone to wonder just what
kind of hotel we've been taking that child to that she seems so incredulous that a hotel would have pillows!

We did NOT spend 8 super fun, jam-packed-
with-activity hours at Sea World, complete with several hours at the waterpark and no naptime on Friday and put our 3 kids to bed near 10PM, 2 hours past their usual bedtime. After all that, there is NO WAY 2 of those same kids woke up at 6:45 AM the next morning!

Especially after my post last Wednesday, when we visited the Alamo on Saturday we absolutely DID NOT visit the gift shop and
somehow leave with a gun like this for both of my boys, including my 2 year old, when the gun is clearly labeled "ages 5 and up". NO, did NOT happen! Remember I do not go in gift shops with my children!

My husband and boys are NOT so grateful for the "Free to Be a Godly Mother" class I took at our church a couple years ago where the teacher encouraged moms to allow their boys to have toy guns because a desire to "fight the bad guys" is God-wired into our boys and is a healthy aspect to their imaginative play! Before that class I was anti-toy guns!

My daughter most certainly did NOT get this as
her Alamo souvenir
Because nothing says Alamo or Texas history quite like a kitty in a leopard-print purse!

Clearly my resolve against buying my kids things when we are out and about was hampered by a) the sweltering 104 degree heat b) the hordes of people inside the gift shop c) my toddler's shrieks of, "Want gun!" "Where's my gun!" d) my desire to just get out of the Alamo alive e) my husband purchasing the gifts or f) all of the above

It was f.

But, I am happy to report there really were no
souvenirs bought at Sea World, even though you are conveniently routed through the gift shop on your way out of the park!

We DID NOT wrap up our quick trip to San Antonio with a lovely lunch along the River Walk. My kids were NOT completely entertained with the ducks in the river next to our table. "Hi Duck!" they said over and over as ducks swam by! I do NOT wish there was a river full of ducks and boats to entertain the kids every time we eat out with them!


Except I DID NOT spend the e
ntire meal a little petrified that somehow one of the kids would end up in the water. We DID NOT at all tempt fate by selecting a table that was mere inches from the water! Praise God nobody went in, although there were a couple close calls!

5 comments:

  1. My daughter still prefers stuffed animal as her travel souvenier! But on the upside, she can tell you where she got them all so I guess in a way it is a reminder of the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the last picture and my heart started to race..must be a mom thing...water + kids equals danger..lol.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said the table was inches away from the water you really ment INCHES huh? The good news is, is if one did fall in you could always jump in after them right? But I see God was good to you so all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great vacation! Have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do they always wake up earlier than usual when they go to bed late? That gets me every time!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!