Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm just sayin'!

You wanna know how to have your family appreciate a bit more what you do around the house?

Don't do your kids' wash for 8 days.

And when you finally get around to doing it?

Oh, they'll notice!

My 3 year old literally
cheered as I put clean jammies in his drawer this morning!

Cheered, y'all!

As in he literally said, "Yay! Clean jammies!!!"

The old way, when I did wash once or twice a week and nobody ever ran out of clean clothes?

Well, there was never any cheering.

I'm just sayin'.

-------
And there are only so many times that I can assist my 4 year old daughter in getting a dead roly-poly into a baggie before I have to ask,
"Why do you want to save dead bugs in a Ziploc bag? What is your plan?"

Not that there's anything wrong with having dead bugs you save in a Ziploc as long as there is a plan to go with the dead bugs.

I'm just sayin'.

-------
And in answer to a question she popped on me as we were getting ready to go somewhere:

"No, we don't take anything with us when we die."

"No, not even our bones."

"You know, I really don't know if we'll be squishy in heaven."

"I'm sure God has that all worked out. Don't worry about it."

I'm just sayin'

-------

Dear Neighbors' Cats,
I'm not sure if you know, but this is not your house and not your backyard. I realize our dog is elderly and not much of a threat to you, but really, you mock her by roaming around our front and backyards all day, climbing our swing set, sleeping on our roof. And just what exactly is it about our yard and house that make it so much better than your own? We don't feed you, yet still you come. And just how many of you are there, anyway? We lost count somewhere around 4 or 5. It's not that we aren't animal lovers, because we are. Maybe if you didn't poop in our garden and shed fur on our patio furniture we could be friends.
I'm just sayin'.

-------
Disney from Ruffles and Stuff, I am in awe of your craftiness. I want to be like you. In fact I think I'm going to have to hit the craft store this very weekend for some nylon chiffon!

And Adopt a 'DoCute Girls Hairstyles, I just recently learned of you and oh my word at the adorableness you create out of your daughters' hair. I am inspired, challenged, and tickled pink to have some fun new things to try with my little girl's hair. And your adoption story? Had me in tears! How handsome is your little guy?!!!

I'm just sayin'.

-------
If you want to use your craftiness, or uncraftiness in my case, for an amazingly good cause, check out what Kristin from We are THAT Family is doing. I dare you to look at the pictures of those adorable little girls in Africa in their new dresses and not want to run right out to your fabric store and help provide that for tons more needy little girls. I'll definitely be stocking up during my fabric store run this weekend and sending some supplies Kristin's way (you don't have to make a dress if you don't want, but can just send supplies). I had a goal to sew a dress for my daughter this summer, but reading Kristin's post I started thinking, "My daughter has tons of dresses, my time would be better spent making a dress for a little girl who may not have one at all."

I'm just sayin'.

-------
And if you've made it to the end of this and still have no idea what "I'm just sayin' " means, then check out this explanation. I think it's a Southern thing. It is a magical phrase, indeed!

I'm just sayin'.



16 comments:

  1. Are we squishy in heaven? I love it! And the dead bug in the ziploc, I can see my two-year-old (although he's a boy) doing that. And I would be the mama helping right along until it dawned on me what I was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I think the most liberating day of my live was when my older kids were able to reach the buttons on the washer and dryer. I teamed them up with a younger one. So each team had a wash day, you missed your wash day, oh well, it would come around again in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you always manage to crack me up. And I can relate to your whole cat thing! Oy! And squishy in heaven?! That was cute. I'm squishy enough here I would like to be a bit better off in Heaven. Ha! Ha!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are fun, huh!?!

    Love the laundry protest idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can relate to the laundry bit! These are great!!

    Blessings,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link for cute girl hairdos. When I realized I was having a girl (she's now 7), my first thought was the fact that I had NO idea how to style little girls' hair.

    And the cats, well...we have the same issue at our house...only I don't know that the cats & I would ever be true friends. (I had a bad experience with a cat as a child)...I'm just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I do miss having a little one to entertain me with his daily thoughts, doings and questions...It's a good thing I can giggle at other's moments. Thanks for the (several) good giggles today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have absolutely LOVED this post and TOTALLY stole the idea and used it today. I DID give you credit ...but if you don't like that I used your idea as inspiration let me know and I can totally take it down. As I was reading yours I had my own Just Sayin' thoughts and I have struggled this week with blogging. So thanks. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL about the cheering for clean laundry! :D I remember all the odd questions I got from my son when he was younger like "Is there pizza in heaven?" "Is there golf in heaven?" I told him to ask the pastor. LOL! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad I returned to visit you today. You continue to make me laugh which is a good thing.

    I'm just saying ...

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squishy in heaven? HAHA I am squishy here now who knows how squishy I will be there "im just sayin"

    cheering for clean clothes....great idea! Love it

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi im a new follower from nff!!♥♥ C'mon by and check me out http://www.chickenista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me laugh! I am very lucky my husband notices that I do laundry every other day and he always thanks me that he always has his favorite so and so every time he reaches for it..my kids when they were small; yeah right..now when I visit their houses I usually end up doing laundry and they appreciate the help..sort of makes up for when they were little..Have a positive week and stop by if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don' have children, but my husband cheered the other day when I washed his pajama bottoms. LOL

    What a fun read! and I like the term, I'm just sayin :)

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some great fragments-Nice variety. I poked around on the hairdo site. Wish I had run into it when Kendall was younger. I'd also like a site just like it for older girls' hairstyles.

    You have a good attitude about the cats.

    I just let everyone do their own laundry. That way, when I do it, I'm a superstar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting list of fragments here. That's something you got cheers for doing laundry! LOL

    You should be honored the neighbor's cat likes your house. They are beautiful and amazing creatures! I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!