Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Confessions

1. I just went a record 8 days without doing my kids' wash. Tonight we had to put my toddler to bed in pajama shorts but a regular t-shirt, and convincing him that could pass as jammies was a challenge!

2. Sometimes when my kids are talking to me I just pretend to listen, nodding occasionally and saying, "Mm-hm" or "Wow!"

3. My oldest turned 7 in February and I still need to schedule his 7 year old check-up with the pediatrician!

4. I've been known to let my kids eat food off the floor.

5. And occasionally I forget to brush their teeth.

6. A few weeks ago I went through the "10 Items or Less" lane at the grocery store with 14 items!

7. I totally rationalized the rule breaking in my mind with, "There are only 2 other lanes opened and several people in line with completely full carts and I have to pick up my son from swim team in 10 minutes!" and I may have even tried to stack my items on the conveyor in such a way so that it appeared I had fewer things!

8. I began embellishing these flip flops
weeks ago with a tulle flower, finished 1 flip flop but ran out of tulle and now 4 weeks later? Still, just 1 flip flop done!

9. There wasn't enough homemade chocolate ice cream left-over for us all to have some for dessert tonight, so my husband and I will secretly polish it off while the kids are in bed!

10. During the school year, some days I would set my alarm for 2:40pm because I was afraid otherwise I'd forget to pick up my oldest from elementary school!

11. On Memorial Day while we were at the beach I encouraged my kids to go pee-pee in the ocean because I didn't want to walk them the long walk to the porta potty and because I have a phobia of porta potties and have been known to "hold it" myself for longer than humanly possible just to avoid using one. My encouragement led to a scene where my 4 year old daughter went running towards the water yelling at the top of her lungs, "I'm going to go potty in the ocean!"

12. I've restarted the dryer 2 times while writing this post, not because the clothes are not dry, because they are, but just because I don't feel like getting them out!

13. When my 3rd child was about 8 months old I accidentally sent him off to the church nursery without a diaper on! Completely dressed in church clothes, but just no diaper underneath! To this day I'm not sure how that happened. I was so thankful a few weeks later when he got promoted to an older baby class so I wouldn't have to face the same nursery worker any more!


Find more Thankful Thursday, Thursday Thirteen,
FollowMeFridaysThe Girl Creative

35 comments:

  1. That's motherhood for you! Despite the chaos, it is pefectly clear that you are thankful for each and every day with your wee ones.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, I love you!!! LOL!!! I could totally relate with EACH of these (except #12 because we don't have dryers in my country except the VERY rich). I am all that and more. But my sons are almost grown now and none the worse for wear. I have a good feeling your kids will turn out WAY BETTER than mine did (and are).

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Tonight we had to put my toddler to bed in pajama shorts but a regular t-shirt..."

    OH MY WORD!!! I was laughing so hard when I read this, because I did the VERY same thing last night AND tonight both. :) Which is why I am now up at 12:15 a.m. doing four loads of overdue laundry!!

    And also...with the exception of #'s 8, 11, and 13, I am with you on everything else! Seriously. We are one in the same mom. LOL!!!

    Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. #9 is great because you confess it before doing it haha.. I do the "restart" the dryer thing all the time haha yikes! #11 made me laugh. My mum used to tell us to pee in the ocean too, but I don't think we ever yelled it out on here haha! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time my third one came along, I would hear a newborn crying and think for a second, "What is that noise?" With the fourth, I never called him the right name. Believe me, you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! These are almost all things I can agree with! Its nice to know we are not alone in our craziness that goes on from day to day.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am right there with you on many if not all the items on your list. I love these REAL posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8 days with kids???Wow! That's some kind of a record.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/hurricanes-cost-over-7-mil-in-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I read this. Now I don't feel so bad, lol. Ditto on all your posts referring to your kids. What a fun and true TT post. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soo glad I popped by here this morning as this post totally made me smile as always. I have been guilty of every one of those things to, haha...Have a wonderful day, and thank you soo much for the prayers. I appreciate it more than you know. HUGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love #11. My mom would do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the queen of restarting the dryer ... I can do it for days!!!

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I remember doing some of these myself--especially #9!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound like a normal mother to me....I think that if we all did a confessional list, it would be remarkable similar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I thought I was the only one that restarted the dryer. ;) You definitely are normal. I've done several of these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those were so great! I do the same thing with the dryer. Oh, and FINISH THOSE SHOES! I love the flower...they're going to be so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. #11 & 13 cracked me up! #9 is something I think every parent has done a time or two or three . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't even know you YET ...but I love you!

    You are so funny and honest and transparent. We need more people like you.

    My mom died five years ago but I can tell you that she would have been cracking up if she read your post. It's stuff like this that she loved ...honesty and no phoniness.

    Hugs to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this list!!! Particularly fond of the peeing in the ocean. Will be chuckling over that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're my kind of mom!

    Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like we have a lot in common! lol! Stopping by from TT Friday Follow. Looking forward to hearing more of your "sonfessions" :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAHAHA You are a very good Mom...Just funny stuff happen...HAHAHA
    The nursery one would have killed me! LOL!
    You are awesome!
    Following your blog now, come follow mine and say hi. Would love to be friends :)
    Happy New friend Friday!
    Gros bisous
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Following you via GFC found you at Follow Me Friday. I hope you will come follow me at http://traci66.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had nightmares about forgetting to put a diaper on my boy! I couldn't help but laugh at No 13.

    I'm visiting from New Friend Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can totally relate to plenty of your confessions!! :) I am visiting from New Friend Friday. Come say hi! We are having a Baby Week celebration with tons of giveaways and guest authors every day. Come check it out! And have a fabulous weekend!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAHA Thank was too funny! I am now a follower and I would love a follow back! http://stashmama.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds familiar! I can relate to #2 and #10!!!

    Found you on Trendy and now following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found you on Trendy and this post had me laughing out loud, and I am at work! Not supposed to be doing anything that makes me laugh! Thanks for that and I can relate, I have 3 girls under 3 years old. My craziness has just begun!
    www.craftyworkinmommy.blogspot.com
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  29. Smiling!!! I too am laughing! Thank you for your confessions. It does make for a very, very interesting life, doesn't it? I love the flip flop...if I see women wearing 1 tulle decorated flip flop this summer, I will know exactly where the trend started!!

    pia

    www.piafwalker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hilarious! #2 could be one of my confessions LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! Saturday for Etsy shops/online shops so share their wares. Sunday for Recipes links.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stopping through from Follow Me Friday! I can relate to so many of those things. Now that my dd is 12 and so completely modest around the house (even though there are no guys here) she insists on sleeping in at least shorts and a t-shirt if she doesn't have a really long t-shirt to wear. LOL!!

    Stop by my place if you have a chance.

    Karen
    www.karen-musingsofamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Phew....I think you just helped remove some guilt from my brain! Especially for things like forgetting to brush teeth and letting my kids eat food off the floor! You mean I'm not a bad mother?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm still chuckling over the chocolate icecream 'cause I did the same thing only I ate it in secrecy from my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!