Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Great Chapter Books

Are you looking for some great chapter books to read to your kids or for your kids to read to themselves if they're old enough?

We love the Magic Tree House books by Mary Pope Osborne. Not only do they keep kids interested, but the stories transport kids through time where they are exposed to true aspects of history and science.

My 7 year old just finished reading this one we checked out from the library and afterward we had the best conversation about Mozart and classical music -- even lead to us listening to some Mozart music together!





If you'd like to start at the beginning of the series:



Find more Works for Me Wednesday here.

6 comments:

  1. We have several of the Magic Tree House books (got them at Costco with their nonfiction counterparts) and our son loves them! The chapters are short so we can read one or two per night and finish the book in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We listen to these on audio CDs in the car. For actual reading, my son loves the Flat Stanley series as well as Stink Moody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series. I love to get the abridged versions of the classics. Right now I'm reading The Time Machine by H G Wells to the boys. They're fascinated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great for new readers who are just getting ready for chapter books. My kids love them and there are so many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My older kids loved these books. I have kept them for my youngest and am glad that Mary Pope Osborne continues to write!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!