Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! In this blog carnival created by MckMama everyone has fun telling all the things they DID NOT do (but really did). You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Here's what has NOT been going on around here:

My son DID NOT finish kindergarten
last week and is NOT officially a first grader! I already felt old being a mom to a kindergartener, there is NO WAY I have a first grader!

That same boy DID NOT wake up on his first day of summer vacation on Friday and immediately begin working on the first grade workbooks I got him to stay fresh on school work a little over the summer. He DID NOT complete 3 lessons before even breakfast! Who would do tha
t? Seriously! The first day of summer break!!

I'm NOT on Day 14 of the Shred, DID
NOT get brave on Day 6 and move on to the Level 2, DID NOT feel like it was a ton harder than Level 1, and DID NOT feel like I was going to throw up after completing it. I DID NOT stick with Level 2 and actually think it got easier. I have NOT found that with Level 2 there is no waiting a few hours before I shower after the workout. Let's just say the Level 2 is sweaty and you must shower immediately upon finishing! I am NOT actually considering Level 3! I have actually done the Shred every day, but have NOT many times really wanted to skip a day (like after spending 3 hours in the sun helping with my son's field day and then another 2 hours at a pool party for my daughter's friend) and waited even until 11PM to do it! I do NOT really need to go do the Shred right now and am blogging instead of just getting it done!

I have NOT decided to undertake the beginnings of potty training my newly-turned-2-year old at the same time as doing the 30 Day
Shred and facing no school for my older 2 kids! That would be crazy! He has NOT had a few accidents and I have NOT actually hosed him off outside in the backyard a couple times!

The potty training has NOT renewed the toilet paper chaos around here. I did NOT enter my bathroom and see this . ..

and then this . . .


and then this . . .

I DID NOT use my expert mom-detective-work-skills and surmise that the toddler had unrolled the entire, nearly new roll of toilet paper and thrown it all in the trash can. I absolutely did NOT pull it out of the trash and pile it on the toilet paper dispenser, like so . . .



NO! I am frugal, but absolutely NOT cheap!!!

So please share what you
have NOT been up to and also the answer to this little question: If you found your toddler had unrolled an entire roll of t.p. and thrown it into your trash can would you a) leave it as trash or b) remove it from the trash and attempt to put it back on the toilet paper spindle?

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I'm not sure I would be ambitious enough to put it back on the spindle, but there's no way I could let it just sit in the basket. I'd probably put a new roll in that room and then bring the "dumped" one into our master-bedroom-bathroom where the kids don't come.

    Also, congrats on the first grader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would just break it up into sections and pile them on the back of the toilet. I don't believe I would throw away a whole roll of Toilet Paper, that stuff gets expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on that new first grader you have. Sounds like he's excited and roarin' to go! Ahh... good old potty training. That's always a fun time (NOT!) Except for the fact that you get good blogging material out of it!

    Happy Monday, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, I laughed so hard! The TP episode is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through mckmama's of course and I would totally pull it out but I am a little ocd so I would actually roll it too. Sad I know! Love your blog and will be checking it out more. I would love it if you could stop by and check mine out. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If being the mom of a first grader makes you feel old...wait until you have a 12th grader and your kids are taller than you...sigh.

    We have had a toddler or baby for so long and thus the toilet paper thing has become so common that no one even thinks it is odd anymore. We threw in the towel, gave up trying to convince them it was an expensive habit and just started buying cheaper toilet paper in larger quantities. If it is just strewn from the bathroom, through my bedroom and down the hall(versus being dipped in the comode or thrown in the trash) we just ball it up and set it on top of the roll for the next person coming through.

    As for the shred...not bad after you get going. I didn't find level 3 that challenging...not like the fist day of level 1. So don't be scared of it. I am amazed and hesitantly optomistic to perhaps feel some abs under those fat rolls after 17 years... Today will be day 18 for me...I take weekends off in lieu of other exercise with my family and missed a few days due to knee injuries. Now that I feel like I am coming into the "homestretch" I am trying to decide what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have three boys and 1 girl. I rolled over laughing at your toliet pAper pictures. I have been there many times and yes I pulled it right out of the garbage and piled it on the back of the toliet. Great blog by the way.
    www.stephaniescrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gotta say i'd probably let it go. but i'm cheap but lazy

    http://lisanoel03.blogspot.com/2009/05/not-me-monday-6-1-09.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always appreciate when a mom takes time to take pictures of these kinds of things!! You're my kind of mommy!
    Come by my blog today and join in Toot Your Horn Tuesday. It's a fun follow up to these shameless Not Me's!
    www.sillylittlesparrow.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!