Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Good Stuff

A snowball fight with manufactured snow.


Some days it's still 70 degrees here, how else can a small town have a holiday festival? We truck it in and dump the icy stuff in a small orange construction-taped off area and the kids line up to play in it!! Yeah, yeah pity us if you get to play in the real stuff whenever you want without waiting in line, but we got to wear shorts on Saturday, so ha-ha!

P.S. Just this week I heard one of my kids say to another, "Ha-ha is not a nice word!"
__________

An example of the early bird not always catching the worm: After my blog post on Friday about still not having ordered my Christmas cards, there was a comment left by www.myhellodesigns.com that she owns a business custom designing photo cards and said, "I will also give you a great deal on pricing. Just email me at jean@myhellodesigns.com and let me know you came from It Feels Like Chaos and I'll set you up with discounted pricing to help you all out." A coupon for all you fellow procrastinators! I love it!

__________

Making a snowman outfit for my daughter and a matching one for her "Baby Rose"
__________


The gingerbread house that Daddy built and the kids decorated.


__________

A gift under the tree for a child we don't even know yet, but who will hopefully come home to us in 2011!

God Found Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren is a really, really sweet book and did this waiting mama's heart good to read!

An excerpt:
"No matter how much I prayed it would happen. I still had to wait."
"You waited and waited and waited?"
"And waited. But I knew that someday you'd arrive, when God would find us you."

And another:
"Did you ever want to give up?" Little fox asked.
"Sometimes," Mama said, rubbing Little Fox's cheek with hers. "But I trusted that God knew you, and knew me, and knew when we'd fit perfectly together."

And the picture of the mama fox waiting out in the snow, staring across the water? Well, tears.



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for the snow! Unfortunately, here, it's 7 degress today and the snow we have is now ice. That's right..7! brrrrrr.

    I love the matching shirts, I need to learn how to do things like that.

    That book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest son lives very near the local mountains and drives up frequently and gets a load of snow and brings it home and dumps it in his front yard for the kids to play with when they get home from school. How they (and ALL the neighborhood kids, haha) love it. It is as close as I want to get to the stuff most of the time, haha...Love the jammies, and the book looks wonderful. Have a good day. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to import some snow!! We won't see snow here for awhile either.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!