Friday, June 17, 2011

It's quite the nail and hair salon around here!

This week my 5 year old daughter and I painted our toenails. I always hand her my bucket of nail polish and let her pick which color she wants, only this time she picked 10 colors! One color for each toe! She lined the little nail polish bottles up in the order she wanted them on her toes! Perhaps a bit high maintenance, that girl?


Last Sunday late afternoon I ran out for a quick errand to the fabric store. I left my husband filling up the backyard baby pool for the kids to play in. About 20 minutes later while in the aisle at Joann's Fabric, my husband sends this picture to my phone:


Our dog with, of all things, her head completely covered in mud!

Apparently she'd had a fine time playing in the pool and then running to the dirt and rubbing her head in it!

Needless to say, I wasn't in too big of a hurry to get home at that point, I mean who wants to deal with that!!! Kidding! But, I was glad by the time I got home my husband and the kids had managed to get her clean, and all I had to do was blow her dry!

Because I have by default fallen into the position as resident doggy hairstylist. The only one willing to blow out and brush all that long fur!

Happy Friday!


Mommy's Idea

5 comments:

  1. I think all girls are high maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA... enjoyed this! Have a wonderful week-end! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would've wanted to go home after seeing that picture either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You dog looks like it had a great time while you were gone! Nice it was a cleaned up by the time you got home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that picture is totally frame-able!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!