Monday, January 16, 2012

Four Weeks in our Arms

It was four weeks ago, exactly, today, when a car drove up to our guesthouse in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, bringing us our new little girl.  

Four weeks since she lived in an orphanage.

Four weeks really getting to know this child we've called our daughter since April 29, 2011, and I can say without a doubt, we are more convinced than ever that, 

Yep, she's a rock star!



I'm not saying the last four weeks have been without the hard.

Because there has been and will continue to be hard things.

But, that little girl, the one we are privileged to get to call "ours", amazes me every single day!  The way she's handled this transition, they way she's handled the long list of hard things from her short 3 years of life, makes her more awesome than any rock star in my eyes!

***Rock stars are typically very picky and opinionated about their appearance, and for the record, my 3 year old daughter is no exception!***

2 comments:

  1. Love it! What a cutie! Praying for y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the penguin humidifier story above, I came LOOKING for her picture.

    Oh

    My

    Goodness!!!!

    She is absolutely a doll baby!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!