Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When life gives you puddles

When life gives you puddles, you should jump in with both feet!


Yes, I let 3 of my 4 kids wallow in the mud for much of the afternoon today.  (The 8 year old had homework to do.)

This picture portrays my 4 year old's personality perfectly!

So, the puddle fun started off innocently enough, but because we're talking my children here, of course things had to turn crazy!


No worries, though, Sister to the rescue!


Then this happened while she was helping him get the boot on:


So, what did Little Girl think of all the craziness?


I know, Baby, your brother and sister are crazy!



Yeah, just laugh at them, that's about all I can do most of the time!


Or join them, that works, too!



Somebody I don't know walked by in the street about the time this happened:


The lady gave me a strange look.  What can I say?  My kids like to wallow in the mud like pigs!


The bath tub and my washing machine definitely got a work out tonight getting those 3 clean, but the mess was so worth it for their smiles and laughter!


10 comments:

  1. How FUN! Doesn't that just make you want to be a child again? Thanks for this wonderful post; it made me smile. New to your blog through TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun mom! Great pictures, great smiles! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my kids best times were spent in the mud! haha Thanks for sharing...Have a wonderful day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your 4th one missed out on all the fun... I was the kind of mom who would jump right in... Why miss out? Ha! Love the fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun and so many kids would never be allowed to experience it. You are a great mom for letting them have that time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the message you spoke thru your pictures. Sometimes all we can do when life gives us puddles is jump in! So happy to see you over at THANKFUL THURSDAY this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You folks sure dress up for your mud play! I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is childhood at it's best to me! playing in the puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enchanting pics. Good to see children having so much fun. I think I might have a go myself next time I'm out in the rain. You're never too old to jump in the puddles of life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!