Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Squished

The other night I was reading to my 4 year old and 6 year old, they were sitting with me in the rocking chair.  My 3 year old came in.  She's not much into listening to books, yet.  Partly because she's so active, and partly, I think, because I'm reading them in a language she doesn't fully understand. 

But, little girl is a bit jealous when anybody is getting attention she's not getting, so when she saw her sister and brother in my lap, of course, she wanted in!  I squeezed her into the middle of us and continued reading.  

"I'M SQUISHED!"  my 4 year old son shouted.

And I said, "Yeah, but it's a happy kind of squished, right?"

Then this morning I was getting dressed and he and his 2 sisters were all riding the same 1 plasma car around the living room and he said again, "I'M SQUISHED, but it's happy squished!"

Then he explained, "Happy squished is when you're squished with lots of people who love you."

Wishing you a happy squished kind of weekend!


Find more Finer Things Friday here.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I love the word squished, I use it all the time with my hubby and our son. I see it as more of a loving word too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've just had so much fun reading your entries since you got the new one home! She is adorable, and I'm thrilled to see that you're all apparently adjusting pretty well. I'm sure it won't all be sunshine and roses, but you've got such a great start here.

    I hadn't even thought about the language barrier. Wow. What a tough thing to deal with! How long do you think it will take for her to learn English? Do you think she's lonely, not understanding the language yet? She looks just as happy as she can be. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!