Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not My Son's Toenails!

It's Not Me! Monday (a blog carnival created by MckMama; you can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing - but really have!)

Around our house:

There was NOT a time in the last couple weeks when I was stuck at home with an extremely snotty toddler plus a wheezy-sounding 4 year old and I was dying to do something besides wipe a nose or run the nebulizer machine so I suggested the activity of painting our toenails to my daughter just to entertain myself. She does NO
T love having me paint her toenails!

But, after my daughter and I painted our toenails, my 2 year old son did NOT decide he really, really wanted to have his toenails painted. And fo
r the record, my toddler is NOT AT ALL loud when he is expressing a desire for something.

I did NOT cave and decide it was not a battle worth fighting. I most assuredly explained that boys don't wear toenail polish. My daughter and I did NOT just declare that the brown nail polish could be a suitable boy color and paint his toenails to make him happy.

This is NOT a picture of my son's painted toenai
ls!
Now, a full 11 days later, the toe nail polish is NOT still there!

And speaking of still there. . .

Our temperature has been well above freezing for nearly 2 weeks now, in the 70s, even. So, the diapers are most certainly NOT still plastered on the outside of my home to insulate the pipes!


I can't wait to hear what you've all NOT been up to!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha LOVE IT....We were cleaning out some cabinets this week-end and I came across some old pics of my oldest son (he was almost 2 at the time) when my youngest sister (who is only 4 years older than he is) had dressed him up in her dress and done his VERY LONG HAIR (very fashionable then, haha) with a big bow. He was such a pretty boy, and yet somehow even then his legs sticking out of that dress were sooo BOY, haha...This "boy" is a 5th degree black belt today with his own karate school. He shaves his head and wears a goatee. I wonder what his students would think of this pic. haha Have a good day. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not stop laughing at the ingenious idea for a new insulation method. Resourcefulness is amazing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun! And how MacGyver like with the diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the diapers! Thanks for including the picture because I can't imagine trying to picture it in my head:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!