Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today I Needed to be Thankful!

I am thankful for the times I remember to be thankful because it sure does make things better!

13 other ways I was thankful today. . .

Thankful that even though I wiped Toddler's snotty nose every 4 minutes all day long and wondered how it was possible that one small person could produce so much snot, I know it will pass, he will get older and not catch every single cold that comes around.


Thankful that someday he'll even be able to wipe his own nose!

Thankful that dinner was edible. Added 1/2 teaspoon of salt to recipe and then noticed it actually called for
seasoned salt. So I just add 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt, too, and hoped for the best! Turned out just fine!

Thankful for 1st grader's great report card!

Thankful Toddler only had one accident today and it was while he was sitting on his "special seat" (folded up blue towel) so my couch was protected!

Thankful for the warmer weather!

Thankful my 4 year old daughter still lets me pick out her clothes nearly every day! Today a smocked dress, ruffled leggings, a white cardigan sweater, hair in pigtails with purple bows. Please let me be able to get away with this next year in kindergarten, too!

Thankful I didn't lose my cool with the bank representative I spoke to on the phone about the now week-old issue where the bank cannot provide the very simple notarized letter we need for our adoption stating we have an account with them, have had it for over 10 years, and are in good standing. Why can't they provide what we need? Because it is against their policy to draft letters! Hmmm, you are a bank isn't that a big part of what you do? All we can get is a standard referral letter that they order from the corporate location in another state that isn't even really what we need (including tons of info. we don't need and lacking the key notary signature), oh and they're going to charge us $10 for it!

Thankful for the fun I had describing to my husband the next step in my battle to get a simple letter from my bank -- I'm going to take my snotty-nosed, potty-training toddler in with me every day to the bank, set him on their upholstered couch, and stay until someone gives me the 2 sentence letter I need! Between the pee-pee and the snot, somebody's gonna cave and it's not going to be me!

Thankful that even though I never got around to mopping the floor today nobody is firing me from my housewife job!

Thankful for all your comments on my recent posts. I have loved reading them!

Thankful for organizations like Compassion that serve the hurting, like so very many in Haiti right now.

Thankful that because of them and others like them (Red Cross, World Vision) we are not helpless to provide for those in desperate need.


**Don't forget to enter my giveaway! **

Find more Thankful Thursday & Thursday Thirteen

19 comments:

  1. Wonderfully thankful list! LOL about the unending snot flow. It;s amazing how much they can produce!
    UGH about the bank! The amount of hoops people are made to jump through to adopt is RIDICULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing out loud; I bet you can guess to which "thankful" moment from today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Oh, and the snot - I would also be thankful he has that, otherwise he wouldn't be normal? My younger sis used to say when she has kids they will never have snot like mine does, and when she became a mother she couldn't live it down!!! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your humor.
    Please click here for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such wonderful blessings!

    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it must be fun dressing up your 4 year old. i'm sure i'm going to enjoy doing that. great TT list.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. about the bank letter I find it so interesting that they cannot provide positives any agencies, but let there be a negative, they race to credit cos and never take it off once paid interesting..sk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you've got so much to be thankful for. Love your approach for getting letter from the bank. Bet that does the trick.

    Things I'm Not Writing About

    ReplyDelete
  8. When a corporation is too big to service its customers, it's time to rethink. I hope you take your business elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly blessed. The volunteers for Red Cross are most definitely unsung heroes.
    Great list. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your list. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little girls are funny, mine is now 9 and I haven't been able to pick out her clothes for a while now. :-)

    http://shasherslife.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading a lot of thankful people today--for the simple things--I think it might be the shock of what is happening to Haitians. Wonderful solution for the bank.

    http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday-thirteen-thrift-shop-buys.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got wonderful things to be thankful for.


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/can-you-really-feel-sorry-for-celebs.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thankful I don't work at that bank. Good luck with all that -- so much more would get done in this world if we didn't have so much red tape to get through.

    And yes, wiping their noses is something they outgrow. I do miss it. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl,

    I would cave. Hope you have that letter in hand by now.. *grin*

    Have a great week and I will see you again next Thursday. Love you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just thinking I hadn't blogged a thankful/gratitude list lately. We have so much to be thankful for :)

    My T13 is here
    http://jillconyers.typepad.com/

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's wonderful to take a moment and think of what you're thankful for. It brings a smile to your heart. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!