Sunday, January 31, 2010

Operation Rescue Stuffed Bulldog

It's Not Me! Monday (a blog carnival created by MckMama; you can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing - but really have!).

Around here:

I did NOT display extremely poor parental judgment skills and allow my toddler to take his large, stuffed bulldog (aka. "Big Duke") security item into the place where my older kids have swim lessons.

Somehow in the craziness of drying off 2 kids, helping them get dressed, talking with one swim teacher about the next month's lessons, keeping the certificate of 1 child for a swim level completed absolutely dry, taking 2 kids to the restroom, and supervising 3 on the playground, we did NOT leave Big Duke behind at swim lessons!

Big Duke was NOT discovered missing at bedtime.

I did NOT make a phone call the next morning that went s
omething like this, "Do you have our stuffed bulldog?"

I was NOT really having to work to keep from giggling and thinking of this book (Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity) the whole time!

My husband did NOT suggest I just wait until next Thursday when my kids have swim lessons again to get Big Duke since the place is not real close to our house.

When my 2 year old looked at me and said, "But I LOVE Big Duke!" I did NOT completely cave and drive over there in the rain Friday morning.

I did NOT return to my car and text my husband, "Operation Rescue Stuffed Bulldog = Success"!

And after all that. . .

There is absolutely, positively NO WAY at our very next errand 15 minutes later, I let my toddler take Big Duke into the Sam's store!


And into my older son's basketball game the next day!

Seriously, what's wrong with me?!!!

Maybe it's this. Just look at that smile on my little guy's face, s
o happy to be with his buddy Big Duke in the Sam's Club!
Reunited and it feels so good!! (Don't ever say the 70s didn't bring us any good music when you've got a song like that)

To see other tackles (that probably don't involve stuffed bulldogs) check out Tackle it Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom... I'm way too paranoid about things getting left behind or lost to allow them to leave the house. Even when we go to grandma's overnight, I inventory everything before we leave home and then again before we leave grandma's... Of course, I also inventory my dishes when I put them away... a little OCD, you think? LOL. Glad to hear "Operation Rescue Stuffed Bulldog" was successful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killing myself laughing at Operation Bulldog. I most certainly have *not* had to go rescue a lovey at obscene hours of the night from WalMary (somewhere between the shoe and shampoo department...which is like, 5 miles)

    I really enjoyed your blog and reading your NotMe post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! We took my 2 1/2 year old's "lamby" to my sisters last week and of course left it there, and of course discovered so at naptime, and I of course promised her I would get it for her and met my sister in the parking lot of a grocery store at 9:30 at night, after my bible study to do so!! the things we do for them- but those faces... they compel us so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Found you from McKMama! That pic with your child and that large dog is priceless! Moms! We are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Close Call! Thank goodness for Super Mom to the rescue!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have not had loveys in thsi house like that but when I ran my daycare we saw it all the time. And if I was ever going away for the weekend it was pretty much guaranteed that would be when someone left behind said favorite toy. They would realize it at bedtime when I was already two or three hours away. And NONE of those parents ever considered breaking into my house to get the toy. Nope!! That would have been a crazy thought. :) Luckily, they never actually did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a good mama for going to "rescue" Big Duke! I think my heart would just break and I'd go to Egypt at 2am to get one of my kids' loveys. :) Of course, I'm a bit paranoid and I don't let toys -- especially loveys -- leave the house. I think it started when my middle son (oldest bio-child) was a baby and I left his favorite teether in a restaurant. He didn't miss it, but I was so upset!

    Then, when my oldest was about nine, she had a stuffed elephant that was *very* special; it had belonged to her (bio)mom as a child. She was visiting that side of the family and left poor Peanuts in a movie theater, and we never saw it again. :( Absolutely heartbreaking!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!