Sunday, January 3, 2010

Is it all over?

For this post-holiday Not Me! Monday (a blog carnival created by MckMama; you can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing - but really have!) I am NOT going to bombard you with a bunch of random pictures from the last few weeks!

I am NOT a little sad to see the Parade O' Christmas go away. Good thing the real Jesus never leaves us!

I was NOT too cheap to buy any wrapping paper this year and did NOT resort to wrapping the kids' gifts in white paper with small wrapping paper accents when last year's supply of gift wrap began to run out!

I did NOT impose the rule of taking turns opening presents on Christmas morning to help everyone savor the gifts more. NO WAY would I sneak a little patience training into Christmas morning!
I did NOT eat way too many of the homemade doughnuts we make every Christmas morning. It is NOT a good thing we only make them once a year!
I did NOT enjoy hanging out with these 3 adventurers all day, every day during the break and am NOT kinda sorry school starts back on Tuesday!

And behind them on the back of the couch? Most definitely NOT clothes waiting to be put away!

Last, I did NOT ring in the new year by sharing some big news with you! If you missed it, click here to read up on the new chaos!

Now, I'm NOT planning to spend the rest of my Monday patting myself on the back for getting all the Christmas stuff packed away and wondering just how I'm going to get the kids out of the pajamas they've grown so accustomed to wearing all day during the break and into school clothes on Tuesday morning!

6 comments:

  1. I can relate. Even though my kids are grown and gone and I LOVE it when my decorations are down and stored away for another year, there is still a kind of let down feeling, and a sense of sadness that it is ALL OVER AGAIN. The feeling doesn't last long, but I almost always have it. But soon more life always swirls in and the next event takes over my mind...and so life goes on. I have that nativity set for my grandkids. Oh how they love it!! The little 4 year old asked me (I baby sit him twice a week) if I was going to put it away with the rest of the Christmas things and I contemplated leaving it out for him to just enjoy year round. He especially loved it for some reason. But I decided not to so that it will be new and something special when I pull it out next year. I let him help me pack it up and he kissed each piece before he put it in the bag. Soo sweet. Have a great day. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want one of those Nativity Sets! Way to cute.. and you are so right, Thank God he never leaves us...

    Cute blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade donuts? OH YES PLEASE!!! I mean, no, no, NOT ME, I would NOT have eaten three donuts at work this morning before 10am and ruined any hope of a healthy 2010.

    And I love the Parade O'Christmas. We have so many of the same "Little People", too!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wrapping paper idea is classic- just call it recycling! Congratulations on your adoption progress:) Friends of ours had theirs go through a little under a year ago. He is from Ethiopia as well and let me tell you, not only is he simply charming, but he's got THE MOST AMAZING, SENSITIVE, WARM BROWN EYES to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds JUST like my house...minus the homemade doughnuts and taking turns on christms morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the wrapping paper idea. So creative, I would not have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!