This picture of my boys says a thousand words about the love between brothers.
Here are 13 things it says to me:
- These 2 brothers are now just turned 6 years old and almost 2. They will soon be sharing a room. I plan to frame this picture and hang it in their room to remind them of their love for each other!
- For me, a big blessing of having a 3rd child has been watching my oldest (who was a young 4 year old when his brother was born) enjoy the baby. When his sister was born he was just 2 and too young to really get the big brother role.
- My oldest began praying for a baby brother months before my husband and I even had made the decision to try for a 3rd child.
- At the end of most days, my oldest still prays, "Thank you for my baby brother" and it just makes all the work of the day caring for 3 little kids so worth it!
- I love the way my baby's arms are really hugging onto his big brother's arm. And now that he is almost 2, the infatuation is still there -- Oh how he loves his "Brober"!
- When Big Brother comes home from kindergarten and sits down at the table with his homework sheet and a pencil, Little Brother runs to get some paper and crayons and sits down next to Big Brother to work alongside him!
- It is not a fun day for mom, however, when Little Brother gets overly zealous and colors on Big Brother's homework sheet!
- Think how much they will learn from each other over the years!
- "Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust." ~Erica E. Goode, "The Secret World of Siblings," U.S. News & World Report, 10 January 1994
- A great quote, “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” ~Marc Brown
- Another, "It takes two men to make one brother." ~Israel Zangwill
- Romans 12:10, "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor"
- 1 John 3:16, "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers."