Thursday, March 4, 2010

Not Enough Hours in the Day!

I'm joining up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life and her topic this week is what is your typical day like? Really I have no typical day, each day is different, so I'll just share today:

6:25 AM - alarm goes off, I hit snooze

6:30 AM - I get out of bed, jump into workout clothes and begin Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred workout

7 AM - done with Shred and in shower

7:15 AM - make sack lunch for 1st grader

7:20 - 8:50 AM - eat breakfast, clean up kitchen, start some wash, get 2 little kids ready for the day, read to them, get dinner started in the crock pot, finish getting dressed myself, do nebulizer treatment on my 2 year old who is sick with bronchitis

9 AM - drop off my 4 year old at preschool

9 AM - noon - toddler's cough is still too bad to go to Community Bible Study which he and I usually do every Thursday, so instead we hang out, do some chores, run by the grocery store, and the car wash.

*** Right here can I just insert that due to the bronchitis (which he gets a lot just a couple days after coming down with a common cold) my toddler is taking steroids to help his airway open up and allow him to breathe easier. But do you want to know what is even crazier than spending your morning with a toddler? Spending your morning with a toddler on steroids! I'm not at all kidding when I say that I said a lot of prayers for patience.

noon - normally I'd pick up my daughter at preschool, but my husband picked her up today so they could have a special lunch date. What did she want to eat on her date? A hot dog and Sprite! She's a cheap date! Toddler and I have lunch together on our back patio

12:45 - 1PM read stories to Toddler and do another nebulizer treatment, then he goes down for a nap

1PM - 1:20 PM read stories with my daughter, then she has rest time, today she actually sleeps, which is rare

1:20 - 2:40 PM I clean up a little, have some quiet time when I pray and read scripture, rest a little, finish wash from earlier, make the dough for a batch of cookies I'll bake later

2:40
PM wake up little kids and get them in the car with snacks so we can pick up my 1st grader at school

3:00
PM pick up 1st grader

3:10
PM home getting snack for 1st grader and talking about his day

3:45
PM begin getting kids ready to take my daughter to her swim lesson & son's baseball immediately following

4:05 PM leave for swimming

4:30
PM her lesson starts, I visit with a friend while watching her swim, entertaining toddler, and looking over 1st grader's homework

5:00 PM her swimming is over, dry her off, herd everyone into the car

5:25 PM triangulate with husband on the phone; he help's coach son's baseball and is coming from work and meeting us at practice

5:30 PM arrive at 7 year old's baseball, he discovers he left his hat at home and suggests I go get it; I lecture him on taking responsibility for his own stuff and that I need to go home and make dinner and can't bring him back his hat; I find another hat in his baseball bag; 7 year old doesn't want that hat; the other coach is there and my husband will be soon, I send my son into practice and actually use the word "hustle" at some point

5:45 - 6:30 PM finish making dinner (part of it was in the crock pot all day), bathe my 2 little kids, call my mom to check on her, clean up some stuff, recruit my 2 little kids into cleaning up a little

6:45 PM - Husband and son are home from practice, we eat dinner as a family

7:15 PM - bake cookies mixed up earlier

7:45 PM - help tuck kids into bed

8PM - 8:45 PM - Husband and I watch Survivor (Survivor and Lost are the only 2 TV shows we watch) episode from the DVR

8:45 PM - 10:15 PM - work on cooking ahead a couple recipes in the kitchen while my husband does dinner dishes, while we work we listen to a Matt Chandler sermon, and then visit about it

10:15 PM - finally time to sit down and blog

11 PM or so - hopefully bedtime!!

*** Tuesdays and Thursdays are our crazy days with my older kids having activities in the afternoon, but at least the other 3 days of the week we can spend more time at home together and not running around so much!! ****

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like busy, full days. I thought it would slow down when they got to be older teenagers but not so! Hope your little one feels better soon. Those nasty chest things are so tough on them (and us!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how I enjoyed that. It was a travel back in time for me and a trip down memory lane. Soo used to be my life. Even had one who had asthma and constant battles with chest infections. What I would have given to have those nebulizers when he was young. He was put on steriods though, so you have my COMPLETE sympathy there, lol...You think you will slow down some as they grow, and I guess in some ways you do, but in others it only gathers speed. haha ENJOY it all though, it is a wonderful ride. Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison- I gave you an award over at my blog today. Happy Friday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for getting up to do your work out! I know how hard that can be...funny how just reading another mom's day to day can be so encouraging because it make me feel so much more normal...I only have a 3 yr. old and a 1 yr. old at this point though...While I'm on the topic, how was going from 2 to 3 for you? Going from 1 to 2 has been hard...but we also moved from one state to another, lived with in-laws, and bought a new house in the last year...but that all seems like peanuts compared to taking care of the two kiddos somedays!! Just wondering what your experience has been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy lady! Good for you committing to your work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New reader...I have stumbled upon your blog several times. I will be following now. Always fun to hear what someone else's day is like! You are a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!