We are camping for the end of this Spring Break week. Actually combining a trip to Sea World with a camping trip that my husband and oldest son have been dreaming of for months and months. This afternoon I told my 3 year old daughter we needed to pack for our camping trip. I set a bag in her room and before I could pack it, I got distracted in another part of the house.
I returned a few minutes later to find this.
Behold my daughter's bag all packed for camping:
13 things I'd like to say about this picture:
- Yes, that is a fairy princess wand, along with her blankie, a couple books, a little doll and a stuffed rabbit.
- Clearly she has no idea what she is in for with this camping thing.
- Or maybe she does. The wand could actually come in handy to transform our freezing, sleeping on the ground, bug tortured selves into palace dwellers!
- I think she's crazy for packing this bag for camping, but how crazy are her parents for going camping with our 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 1?!!!
- I'm not really sure how I got roped into this camping adventure.
- It began as a day trip to Sea World, 3 hrs there, 3 hrs back, and we'd all sleep soundly in our own cozy beds after an exciting, fun-filled day.
- Then it became "let's combine this trip with the camping dream that our oldest child has had" (and also his dad). My husband even persuaded me with shopping -- "Then we could stop by that great outlet mall the next day before heading home!" he said.
- I thought, "Okay, I can stand anything for one night, especially if there is shopping at the end of it."
- Then somehow it became 2 nights and my husband practically bought out the REI store, even a 2 room tent!
- Now, to justify his purchases (which include both cold weather and warm weather sleeping bags for every member of our family!) he is talking about camping a few times a year!
- Did I mention that I'm not a big fan of camping? Mostly because I am a fan of personal hygiene and climate control and sleeping more than a couple inches from my 3 children!
- And now I'm signed up for a lifetime (yes the tent is guaranteed to last a lifetime) of camping.
- But, I am thankful, in advance, for the family memories that this camping is sure to create! One thing I am sure of. The camping adventure -- it will be memorable!!!