Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Especially Entertaining, Educating & Engaging

There is something I've found that entertains my kids for long periods of time, enhances their creativity, and is easily available.

Envelopes.

I save extras from stationary sets or envelopes that come with bills we pay electronically so we don't need them, I seem to have an unending free supply.

My kids love creating mail for each other, my husband, and me. Sometimes they even have treasure hunts where they hide the envelopes and have me search for them. The entertainment possibilities they come up with when given empty, unused envelopes amazes me! And it encourages them to write, draw, spell and read!



Find more Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer while Kristin is away.

And don't forget to follow Kristin's journey in Kenya.

4 comments:

  1. Aw what a great idea! My mom used to bring home outdated office supplies from work and they would entertain my sister and I for hours! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys love to stuff envelopes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't thought of that. I just switched to online bill pay, so I'll start saving those extra envelopes for the kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart idea! My kids love envelopes too. I never thought about saving the odd ones I had left over from stationary sets just for them. I bet they'd be in heaven with envelope freedom.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!