Monday, January 6, 2014

What's new?

It's a new year!

I know this because in the last 6 days I've exercised 4 times, done some organizing, am already behind on my read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan, and have had more than one green smoothie!  All that can only mean one thing, it's the first week in January!

The new year is so like a set of empty storage bins, the possibilities are endless!


In this new year what's new here on the It Feels Like Chaos blog?  (Hint: If you are reading this in a reader, click over to the blog to see.)

I know!  It was more than time for an updated blog header!  Nothing like being 2 years late to allow my header to reflect our family of 6 rather than 5!  And while I do think the change is better, it's not perfect.  I am not a blog designer.  But, the imperfection?  It suits us here at It Feels Like Chaos.  Perfect would not feel like home!

We rang in the new year in our traditional style with sparklers and sparkling apple cider (that Little Girl insisted on calling "wine", no matter how many times I corrected her -- if you are her preschool teacher, just know we did not actually give her wine although I'm sure she will tell you we did!).






But, in this new year, what really matters are the new things the Lord has for us.  Because He's always up to something new:

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?  I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

So, I'm not only asking questions like what to fill my empty storage bins with, but what does God want me to fill 2014 with?

Happy New Year, Friends!  If you are like me and have already broken a resolution, remember that truly every day is a new day. "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!